Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Audio Sync

the topic is closed
20/04/2011 14:30:20

haarvik
haarvik
I have noticed while trying to sync audio to characters that while everything in the timeline is synced, after I make the movie it is out of sync. I have to keep tweaking and remaking the movie until it syncs correctly. Is there something I am missing that causes this?
27/04/2011 16:10:52

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Hi Haarvik,

I've been getting this issue too, it looks like a bug, although I can't seem to track down EXACTLY what's causing it. Can you shed any light on this? If possible, please send your .set file to emily@muvizu.com with any info on where in the timeline it's happening in your animation, what steps you have to go through etc.

Best,

Emily.
27/04/2011 16:34:52

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I've had this issue too. My solution was to just keep messing around with the timeline until everything "synced up". I know, not very high tech but it seemed to work for me.
27/04/2011 16:36:38

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Anyone else having this problem?

Might be a bigger fish than I originally thought...still can't get an exact reproduction on it though...
27/04/2011 16:44:18

haarvik
haarvik
I have a .set file, but it's at home. I'll send it later tonight so you can see what it's doing, hopefully.
27/04/2011 17:12:44

haarvik
haarvik
I wonder if this has anything to do with my system since it is a 64bit. I'm wondering if during directing, I get things synced because of the software speed, but during the trans-coding my system ramps up and overruns the software. Possible?
27/04/2011 18:10:08

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
haarvik wrote:
Possible?

I have most certainly chalked up the syncing to my system. It seems to run very slow when directing or working in the timeline. I think the video lags but does not do so when actually rendering the movie so the video seems to go just slightly before the audio. I really don't think it's a bug in the software so much as how your system uses its resources.
28/04/2011 10:09:06

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
haarvik wrote:
I wonder if this has anything to do with my system since it is a 64bit. I'm wondering if during directing, I get things synced because of the software speed, but during the trans-coding my system ramps up and overruns the software. Possible?

Hi Haarvik,

I can't say whether or not it's due to a 64bit system, one of the devs would be better qualified to answer that! I'm also using Windows 7 64bit, so it's possible. It might just be a coincidence though...
28/04/2011 10:12:57

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Danimal wrote:
haarvik wrote:
Possible?

I have most certainly chalked up the syncing to my system. It seems to run very slow when directing or working in the timeline. I think the video lags but does not do so when actually rendering the movie so the video seems to go just slightly before the audio. I really don't think it's a bug in the software so much as how your system uses its resources.

Hi Danimal,

Are you also on a 64bit system? If it's down to lag, you'll notice a huge difference if you turn off your lights while directing/timeline-ing. Hit F2 while before you start lip-syncing etc, then use F3 to turn the lights back on again. Let me know if this helps, or if you are still getting any problems with the audio sync.

Emily.
28/04/2011 12:48:51

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Emily,

I'm using a 32 bit system. I'll give the light trick a whirl and see how it works. I had been chalking it up to the fact that the audio file I imprted was pretty large and it was bogging things down. The lights may be the culprit too. Thanks for the tip!

Let me edit this too to point out the the lag I'm talking about here is like a half a second or less so even if I don't catch it, the video doesn't suffer for it.
edited by Danimal on 28/04/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Audio Sync