Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? I will write music for your film for free

the topic is closed
07/05/2011 02:19:55

jkoseattle
jkoseattle
Hi. I'm brand new to Muvizu. I'm still just learning the tutorials and getting started. I don't know if I will make movies with it, but I sure want to. It's awesome.
I am a composer for film and theatre. I've been writing music for over 30 years (OMG). I'm trying to get a catalog of film scoring projects so that I have some new demos to show directors. So for a limited time I am offering my services free of charge. I will write and produce a score to your film in any style you want, and that includes a full orchestra. (Well, not a LIVE orchestra, but a darn good and quite expensive digital simulation). I will work with you at spotting cues, selecting style, themes, instrumentation, everything, and will sync it up with your finished project. My end product will be a high-quality audio file which I will send to you to include in your film.
I only ask a few things: Include my name in the credits somewhere, promise to use what I give you in your film (don't ask me to do it, have me do all the work, and then elect to not use it), and have as close to a "final cut" as possible for me to work with. Also, I would prefer to work on projects under 5 minutes, simply because I have a life and don't want you to have to wait months to get the score from me.
I am not charging anything for the privilege of working with you. I hope to get some good demos, get to know some talented, creative people here, and have some FUN! If your project is particularly long or complex or something, I may choose to ask for some agreed-upon fee, but we'd talk about that before we got started. And if I don't think I can do a good job, or don't have the time to finish it soon, I might decline.
Here are some recent music projects of mine:

http://www.songfight.org/music/cloud-cuckoo-land/jimofseattle_ccl.mp3
Looking forward to it!
- Jim
07/05/2011 13:27:42

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Jim
What a wonderfully generous offer.
Personally i have nothing suitable at the moment but hopefull I will get something completed before your offer ends.
07/05/2011 13:40:22

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
That is really very generous and I just may take you up on it if I ever get off my lazy butt and get working on a project that requires scoring.

I liked what I was hearing on the samples you provided - sounded great!
10/05/2011 13:01:00

SylvesterinTexas
SylvesterinTexas
jkoseattle wrote:
I am a composer for film and theatre. I've been writing music for over 30 years (OMG). I'm trying to get a catalog of film scoring projects so that I have some new demos to show directors. So for a limited time I am offering my services free of charge.

Jim, hope you read my posting about looking for anyone who might want to collaborate on turning at least one of my plays into film. I'm still not sure on the limitations, what can be done and what can't be done, but your work would be appreciated if I could find an animator. I have the scripts, now I need film-makers, composers, I can get the voice actors. FULL CREDIT would naturally be given to anyone who collaborates. :-)
edited by SylvesterinTexas on 10/05/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? I will write music for your film for free