Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? General Discussion ? British animation industry at risk

the topic is closed
28/02/2012 12:27:39

mitzvu
mitzvu
I was disturbed when I read that Wallace & Gromit, Bob the Builder and Peppa Pig et al are at risk. The BBC news report highlights the problem http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-16964893

Maybe we could do something to create our own Muvizu kids animations? I'm think children would enjoy it.. do you agree? So would it be possible to create lovable childrens characters for Muvizu so we'll be able to make our own animations for children everywhere to enjoy

As to the outcome with the UK animation industry the future currently does not look bright
28/02/2012 12:45:15

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
The one thing that being a member of these forums has taught me is that talent and innovation is one thing that is not missing from the world of animation particularly in the vicinity of Glasgow. A children's character would be great, however it could turn out to be very 'same..y'.

I would love a 'Muvizu' character 'rig' that could be applied to character models. Import a your 3d character...apply the muvizu rig...and then animate like any other Muvizu character!
28/02/2012 14:10:49

pyrrho
pyrrho
Dylly wrote:
... innovation is one thing that is not missing from the world of animation particularly in the vicinity of Glasgow.

Well said, sir! Mind you, that's been said before: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/11/29/muvizu_update/

Dylly wrote:
A children's character would be great, however it could turn out to be very 'same..y'.

Not necessarily so. We've already produced in-house proof-of-concept Muvizu versions featuring iconic (brand-status) animated characters/toys capable of generating TV-quality programming. It is our hope that one of the big players in British animation will use us in their pipeline sooner or later. This should more than restore the status quo with respect to a competitive edge over countries with tax regimes sympathetic to the animated arts.
edited by pyrrho on 28/02/2012
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? British animation industry at risk