Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Scene area doesn't fill muvizizu window (maxed)

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
24/03/2012 19:51:05

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Just installed Muvizu, and the viewable Scene area doesn't fill muvizizu window (maxed) so is it because my resolution is at 1920x1080. The workable area only takes up about 50% of the muvizu windw and the rest is a white window...Or is it something else? I'm sure I'll have more stupid questions since I am New to this and finally able to use Muvizu! Very new to Muvizu w/a new pc i had built for using muviu...Any help is appreciated Thanks! - EEF
25/03/2012 20:48:03

Valero
Valero
This is what I have. It works and I hope is the correct display:
25/03/2012 21:24:57

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Valero wrote:

Thanks Valero for the response, mine is like that except mine has even less width, to give you an idea, you could place 2 "cameras" boxes side by side next too the viewable area right where yours is placed. - EEF
26/03/2012 01:15:44

Valero
Valero
Waooo, sorry I couldn't help..
26/03/2012 09:56:05

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
That's interesting. If instead of maximising the app, if you just increase the size of the window by dragging the corners - does the area that muvizu draws in get resized?

It looks like the bit that does the rendering is not informed that the window size has changed.
26/03/2012 12:43:09

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Nope, can't drag corners of render area...and now for my 2nd issue lol....I am trying to figure out how to have a woman on the park bench, and then the guy walks up and sits down on the bench - But...when i try to change the stand/sit position...he does weird things....he didnt walk in where i had him (off camera right) instead he came in from behind a tree on the left,walked through the bench and sat reversed. Keep in mind, I am still very new and just playing with Muvizu to try to learn it and watch the vids too, just not sure if you cannot change from stand/sit without a glitch or am I doing it wrong?? - EEF
26/03/2012 14:28:35

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
Hi EFF,

I didn't mean drag the corners of the render area, I meant of the main window. The borders of the application should have the usual windows re-size controls - the render area has no controls for resizing, but should automatically get resized with the application.

Regards the sitting / standing thing - if you have recorded some animation with sitting, standing and walking - but you reposition the character (when sitting say) then rest of the movement will be changed with it. You should see pink dots on the floor repositioning as you move the character around though to let you know what the new path will be. I'm not sure if that's what you're describing though...
28/03/2012 00:38:22

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Mcmillan-ra, I have muvizu app window maxed, but the scene area stays small. As far as the animation goes, I recorde the guy walk over to the bench (could not figure out how to animate the turn-around) so I stopped recordng, then turned him around and tried severl times to get him to the sit position, when tht finally worked I went to record (from "Direct") and that's where it changed when I hit record he was in a totally different area behind a treeand walked up behind the bench - throught the bench andsat reversed. I'm not sure what happened all I know is I wanted him to walk in from the side/front/right to the bench, turn around and sit down, but what happened was I t record and he came out from behind a tree on the left/behind the bench, walked through it, and sat backwards. Oh I did see the pink dots too, in fact at one point I rotated him w/the dots and that didnt work either...It seemed to me that something went wrong when I tried to get him from the stand position to the sit position (maybe that's a glitch) because I kept hitting sit and he would not sit...somehow eventually he did though....Not sure what is wrong here.
28/03/2012 00:56:39

gimmick
gimmick
On my 1920x1080 screen, the Muvizu Full window render area is about 1530x764 pixels (= 56%)

The white areas are useful for time line and camera windows
28/03/2012 01:36:05

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Hey I think I figured out why he was going everywhere but where I ..the character needs to be placed in the Sit position prior to walking him to he bench to sit!...then the trick is getting the steering down. What is the easiest way to rotate the character so he sits down in the right position? what are the inner/outer rings w/arrows on the circle? is there a way to grab the inner one to rtoate him? does it work differently depending on where you grab it? I'm just learning to drive characters? lol - EEF
29/03/2012 11:03:16

Luscan
Luscan
Honestly, getting a character to walk up to a bench and sit down on it can be pretty difficult in my experience. What I tend to do is record out a movement path over to the bench, have the character stop, click the 180 degree turn arrow and then, using character actions, have a character go into the sit posture. Once they've in the sit posture you can reposition them until they're on the bench and their movement path will update to have them end with them sitting on the bench.
30/03/2012 03:06:12

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Thankks Luscan and everybody in the forums

EEF
03/12/2012 21:22:22

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Valero wrote:

...and this is what I now have too. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling Muvizu, it still does this. Doesn't matter what resolution I set my monitor to, this is what I get. Worked fine yesterday, today big white spaces regardless of display settings. EEFilmz originally posted about this, and he never actually got an answer as to why it does this, or how to correct it. I do have a new monitor, and have ran Muvizu on it and my TV in dual screen mode and all was well. Can't use this though.
03/12/2012 22:41:07

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
I have found that when I first open Muvizu it is like that, but then I just Left click once anywhere in the Cameras window and it automatically gets bigger, and if you click it again it goes back to begin small....Have eithre of you tried Left clicking the window once? It worked for me....I think I tried that a long time ago an it worked. Hope this Helps! - EEFilmz
z
ziggy72 wrote:
Valero wrote:

...and this is what I now have too. Despite uninstalling and reinstalling Muvizu, it still does this. Doesn't matter what resolution I set my monitor to, this is what I get. Worked fine yesterday, today big white spaces regardless of display settings. EEFilmz originally posted about this, and he never actually got an answer as to why it does this, or how to correct it. I do have a new monitor, and have ran Muvizu on it and my TV in dual screen mode and all was well. Can't use this though.

edited by EEFilmz on 03/12/2012
03/12/2012 23:45:38

ziggy72
Tried that, didn't do anything to help unfortunately.
04/12/2012 03:02:11

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Wow Ziggy I am shocked...Not sure exactly where you clicked on it, Although you do have to click INside the Cameras window "vieweable area" like in the middle of the "scene" window of the cameras window (the "CENTER")...Otherwise yeah it won't work...if it still doesn't work for you then I am at a loss. It was so long ago that I had the issue I wasn't ever clear on whether it was a version issue or a corruption or what...but as soon as the next update came out I did that and it worked. ziggy72 wrote:
Tried that, didn't do anything to help unfortunately.
04/12/2012 21:57:30

ziggy72
So, I tried installing previous versions, tried installing versions while at a much lower resolution, tried on a different screen, tried uninstalling everything, used CrapCleaner to remove any possible mention of Muvizu from the registry, and tried it like that. Nothing.

So, I tried updating the video card drivers, using a different output from the card, adjusting the scaling options, the 3D options, etc. Nothing.

So, my Muvi making days are effectively over because I can't work in a little window, and I have no idea how to fix it, or what caused it. Any ideas would be welcome.
04/12/2012 22:09:54

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
weird did your operating system change or you know get an evil microsoft fixit patch or something? and does muvizu use your browser system? did that get 'patched' lol if so "unpatch it"? dunno sounds wierd everyone is having a lot of wierdo bugs in this build (me included) so far have not seen this one.. (yet)
04/12/2012 22:52:15

ziggy72
Nope, don't use automatic updates for anything, so nothing Windows related. The only thing that changed was my monitor - from an older CRT monitor to a LED monitor (widescreen). But it worked with the new monitor for the first day, no problems. I tested it all, to make sure it was all okay. Next day, I load up Muvizu, and it's messed up. Can't think of anything else to try. Brick Wall
05/12/2012 00:30:27

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
As you prev stated I had that same issue a long time ago Ziggy, so Do NOT give up! Yes that was a pain in the @$$ and I think I just put it out of my head and one day after an update just on accident I clicked in the visual art of the cameras window and it went bigger, I think it is a default setting within Muvizu that it open like that even to this day, but now I click on it inside the window everytime I open Muvizu to expand that window bigger. Did yo utry Left clicking INSIDE the viewable area of the cameras window? because if yo ujust click the white border outside of it it won't work, yo uhave click inside of it. I"m trying to remember if when I had the issue if I tried that and it didn't work for me ?....I can't remember. All I know Ziggy is do not give up on it, I highly doubt it is your pc, although wait a minute, in all the issues I had I also major codec BS issues that I have since ran away from by deleting VEERY damn Codec downloaded thing I ever downloaded and THAT fixed a multitude of problems....Have you tried that? you could have a Corrupt file from a downloaded codec - it sounds weird but when I removed all that crap it fixed alot of stuff...and here's what someone else told me and is totally true....alot of the video editing software programs you buy/install COME with the necessary codecs you typically need...I only use xvid initially and then via editing I output to H264 which is the best codec I have ever seen it shrinks the file alot and maintains the quality and I believe it even fixes bugs in the xvid codec. I'm seriously wondering if you A. Need to write Muvizu and remind them that I had the same issue as you and I'm sure others too and now you have it, and then B. like it or not clean up your computer of downloaded codecs and **** and start over that way, and then resintall a fresh version of muviz, and then C. try what I said about clicking inside the box....but don't give up on us now Ziggy! I have to stretch windows and click stuff and hell I still make Muvizu crash...I just save alot and rename set filies etc...Keep me posted on your progress I hope you try this and it helps! Good luck! - EEF

ziggy72 wrote:
Nope, don't use automatic updates for anything, so nothing Windows related. The only thing that changed was my monitor - from an older CRT monitor to a LED monitor (widescreen). But it worked with the new monitor for the first day, no problems. I tested it all, to make sure it was all okay. Next day, I load up Muvizu, and it's messed up. Can't think of anything else to try. Brick Wall
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Scene area doesn't fill muvizizu window (maxed)