Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How do I add a different codec to Muvizu drop down

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
16/07/2012 12:20:50

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
How do I add a different codec to Muvizu drop down list? it's been a long tme since I did it, and I forgot how? I totally love the H264 Codec, in fact I always use that one in VideoPad as my Final output fom there. Just wondering how to have that Option right from Muvizu? Thanks!
16/07/2012 15:00:28

jamesriley
jamesriley
Hi EEFilmz,

You can just download a codec from the internet and install it. This should add it to the drop down list in Muvizu.

Try the k-lite codec pack or x-vid download.

Jim
16/07/2012 17:11:30

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Hi EEFilmz,
I first thought you might be using the 64 bit version of Muvizu and miss the special 64 bit codecs, but indeed this H264 codec from VideoPad seems to be kind of an internal video codec.

But the k-lite pack is really a good choice !
16/07/2012 17:31:15

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
I am usng a 64 bit version of Muvizu and my pc is 64 bit too, ....special 64 bit codecs?...Oh i the h264 no a codec i could install into muvizu from the internet or? lol I'm lost it's been a crazy day here...

tripfreak wrote:
Hi EEFilmz,
I first thought you might be using the 64 bit version of Muvizu and miss the special 64 bit codecs, but indeed this H264 codec from VideoPad seems to be kind of an internal video codec.

16/07/2012 17:31:15

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
I am usng a 64 bit version of Muvizu and my pc is 64 bit too, ....special 64 bit codecs?...Oh i the h264 no a codec i could install into muvizu from the internet or? lol I'm lost it's been a crazy day here...

tripfreak wrote:
Hi EEFilmz,

16/07/2012 18:56:35

tripfreakExperimental user
tripfreak
Oh i the h264 no a codec i could install into muvizu from the internet or?
What He Said

LOL ! Sounds like: Buddies

But don't despair ! I'm here to help you: Pat on the head

Have a look at the lower part: LINK
There is an additional 64-bit pack of codecs.
03/09/2012 08:57:36

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
OK same old same old problem onlynow it'son my laptop!...I DL'd FFdshow klite cpdec paks/installed and still do not see any additional codecs in my muvizu dropdownlist!...what amI forgetting ? all i havein muvizu are defaultcodecs msv1 yuv1 2 and none,but I knowI have em installed. HELP PLEASE
03/09/2012 12:27:13

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi EEF,

Not sure what the problem is here, but try the following steps:

1) On the ffdshow folder you should have a video coder configuration exe file.
2) Run the file and click on the DirectShow control tab
3) Make sure the option "use the ffdshow only in:" is disabled.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Marco
05/09/2012 01:06:59

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
If anyone has any ideas where to download 64bit codecs let me know, because I went to thesites below to get the k lite paks etc, I wound up deleting everything I downloaded that day because it messed up my display, my default video player settings, and even messed up muvizu so it wouldn't load. luckily when i deleted/uninstalled that stuff everything got set back to normal. So the next thing I download better be a legit. btw the places i went to: codecs.com, ultimate-codecs.com, divx.com=bad, codecguide.com, do.wnloads.net.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How do I add a different codec to Muvizu drop down