Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Object Interaction Impossible?

the topic is closed
12/08/2012 17:15:39

carter
carter
I want a character to throw a rock. I have not found any way to attach an object to a character so that the rock looks like the characters hand is holding it. Then I need it to be thrown. Object motion seems easy enough, but how in the hell can I get the rock to stick with a hand until it's ready to be thrown? This is really driving me crazy and I have not found anything on the internet that would help.
12/08/2012 18:18:04

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Unfortunately at the present time there's no easy way to do this. I've encountered this issue while creating some of my videos and the way I've gotten around it is to "suggest" the action you want.

For example I had a scene of a guy throwing a business card at someones head. I didn't actually show the card in the guys hand but the dialog "suggested" that he had one. I then showed the guy doing a throwing motion and then cut quickly to a shot of the card stuck to the other characters head.

You didn't actually see the card in the guys hand and you didn't actually see it flying through the air but the way I designed the scenes and edited them together it "suggested" that the guy had a business card and threw it at another guys head. The final video actually turned out pretty well.

Even though Muvizu does have a few "limitations" I've found that with a bit of "creative thinking" there always seem to be "workarounds" for the issues that pop up.

Good luck with your project, I look forward to seeing what you create.
12/08/2012 19:27:47

carter
carter
Thanks for the suggestion. That is a good idea. I am not trying to go crazy with my animation, I mostly just want an easy way to tell a story. I think I will do something similar to what you suggested. I will post video when it's done.
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Object Interaction Impossible?