Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? When saving Sets etc..is it ok to...

the topic is closed
18/10/2012 09:03:14

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
Is it ok to Save sets with the characters' "effects" ON? and also charactres w/ decals? or custom textures ON? and I am just trying to figure out why my sets are all gradually becoming un-openable or crashing etc, my characters and now other sets are also doing this and I wonder if I am doing something wrong. I have older way more complex sets that are fine (so far). I am trying to delete things resave and piece things togethre but I'm losing things in the process doing that too, so I'd rather ASK if I should shut things OFF or not when I save them? because even at best alot of these sets the scene window is still at 1-2% so it's not as if I'm overloading I don't think?
18/10/2012 11:46:51

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi EEFilmz,

You should be able to all those things without getting any crashes. There was a bug with custom textures on the previous versions, but that got fixed.

But something is causing those crashes and we need to identify it.
I've sent you an email with a few questions

Cheers,
Marco
15/11/2012 12:42:00

EEFilmzExperimental user
EEFilmz
HI marco, this is just a question BEFORE something happens. I am currently in production and creating sets/characters etc, and I have a set with 25 characters in it, and I am wondering will it be ok to save the set if they ALL have decals on? I just don't want the set to becom unopenable or crashable like all that stuff happened before....trying to avoid that but I don't remember if you had an update since then? I think you did...I am not sure if it still is an issue or if I should try a new apporach...
Thanks! - EEFilmz

Marco_D wrote:
Hi EEFilmz,

You should be able to all those things without getting any crashes. There was a bug with custom textures on the previous versions, but that got fixed.

But something is causing those crashes and we need to identify it.
I've sent you an email with a few questions

Cheers,
Marco
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? When saving Sets etc..is it ok to...