Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? I'm tired of this CRASH !

the topic is closed
12/04/2013 01:48:21

Dwarf
Dwarf
Hi all, I wish I don't disturb you, but I have a big problem and I need you !

I tried Muvizu two weeks ago and I really enjoy it ! But since I have the newer version, a big crash happend each time I want to edit a wall !
Each time, it said me : cannot find the next files : C:/ ................ .ddl
I tought it was microsoft.Net that wasn't update. So , I remove it and reinstall it, but a have the same problem !

I'm able to edit characters and modify them, but I cannot modify walls, object and scenes. I also tried to remove and install again Muvizu, but the problem still happend !

I need your help, because I need this cool program for a school projet !
Thank you to help me the fastest as you can , I NEED IT.

PS: sorry for mistakes, I talk french normally !

Sincerely, Alex, 16 years old student
12/04/2013 01:58:43

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Hi there are a bunch of bugs so you might want to mail that to bugs@muvizu.com

you can also post in this thread
http://muvizu.com/forum/topic2622-muvizuplay-v10-feedback.aspx?p=f#post15538

and then for now I would install the old version of muvizu as they need to patch it and do the bug fixes as there are a couple of crashes and things

the old version is still on the download mirrors and a few of us have a copy of them as well
here is the page of mirrors
http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic318-download-mirrors.aspx

sorry about that. There are some compatibility issues between old sets and new sets so hopefully you have a copy of the old set as you wont be able to open a new set saved in muvizu play in muvizu 23b
12/04/2013 02:03:50

Dwarf
Dwarf
Thank you. I will use the old one until the bugs are fixes.

I just would like to thank you for the fast answer, and to muvizu team, to offer these free software. Students enjoy a lot
12/04/2013 02:30:30

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
your welcome.

Good luck on your project may it be way awesome and you get A+++++
18/04/2013 15:49:32

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dwarf wrote:
Hi all, I wish I don't disturb you, but I have a big problem and I need you !

I tried Muvizu two weeks ago and I really enjoy it ! But since I have the newer version, a big crash happend each time I want to edit a wall !
Each time, it said me : cannot find the next files : C:/ ................ .ddl
I tought it was microsoft.Net that wasn't update. So , I remove it and reinstall it, but a have the same problem !

I'm able to edit characters and modify them, but I cannot modify walls, object and scenes. I also tried to remove and install again Muvizu, but the problem still happend !

I need your help, because I need this cool program for a school projet !
Thank you to help me the fastest as you can , I NEED IT.

PS: sorry for mistakes, I talk french normally !

Sincerely, Alex, 16 years old student

Hi Alex,

Have you had any luck getting Muvizu:Play (the latest version) to work?

If not I'd suggest uninstalling all and any version of Muvizu then check the C:\program files\ or C:\program files (x86)\ folders for any "Muvizu" or "Muvizu Play" folders. If you find them, after uninstalling, just delete those folders.

I'd then restart your computer and then do a fresh install of the latest version of Muvizu:Play (dated 12th April 2013).

I hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

--
Direct, don't animate!
18/04/2013 16:09:09

Dwarf
Dwarf
I installed the new version, like you said, but the problem happenend again !

Their is a big white page, and its written on it : Fatal error ......
edited by Dwarf on 18/04/2013
19/04/2013 11:21:27

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Dwarf wrote:
I installed the new version, like you said, but the problem happenend again !

Their is a big white page, and its written on it : Fatal error ......

Hi Dwarf, did you install the 3 support packages with Muvizu:Play? That's Direct X, .Net and C++ redistributable?

--
Direct, don't animate!
19/04/2013 12:09:07

Dwarf
Dwarf
Yes , I have Direct X 11 and windows.net is up to date (I also tried to uninstall all and start over again ( I removed also microsoft.net and install it again) but I have again this problem when I want to edit a wall. All the software goes well, but not the editor command.

I searched on the forum and I find someone with the same problem than me

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic2653-editor-crash.aspx

I just wanna know if its possible to get ONLINE sets on the older version since the problem is fixed ?

Thank you !
edited by Dwarf on 19/04/2013
24/04/2013 12:44:16

Dwarf
Dwarf
I downloaded the patch of your new version today, but the editor crash still happend every time I wanna change the wall's background.
I don't think it's my PC, but I don't know, maybe I miss files or something like that ???
24/04/2013 13:09:17

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Dwarf wrote:
maybe I miss files or something like that ???

Yes, i think you missed this -

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/recent.aspx?Page=3

Cheers
D
24/04/2013 13:11:32

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Dwarf wrote:
I downloaded the patch of your new version today, but the editor crash still happend every time I wanna change the wall's background.
I don't think it's my PC, but I don't know, maybe I miss files or something like that ???

Hi Dwarf. Sorry, we haven't released a patch that fixes this crash yet, but we have finally found and fixed the problem. There'll be a new patch in the next few days that will fix it for you.

In the meantime, I made a post yesterday that describes how you can work around the problem by configuring your Windows to use English number formatting. You could do that temporarily until the next patch is released.

http://muvizu.com/Forum/topic2645-muvizuplay-10-timeline-discussion.aspx?Page=4#post16029
24/04/2013 15:36:56

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
bigwally wrote:
Where are the patches listed on the web site?

Simple answer is "they're not".

Whenever we release a patch, we do it in two ways:
  • We make new installers that have the latest patch already included. This is what you download from the big pink "Get Muvizu" button at the top of this page.
  • We make a small patch installer that Muvizu will detect when you run it (assuming you're connected to the internet). Muvizu asks if you want to download and install it. If you say yes, it does it all automatically. We don't put these patches anywhere they can be downloaded individually.

To clarify, the latest patched version number is "MZASS-v1.0 0 build: 2013.04.18.01R" according to the about dialog (in the '?' menu).

Is there a reason you need to download the patches separately, Wally?
24/04/2013 19:57:30

Dwarf
Dwarf
OK, thank you. I will try the new patch.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? I'm tired of this CRASH !