22/05/2013 10:20:16

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
The new kinect has some ridiculously advanced features

Check it out here

22/05/2013 14:09:48

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Interesting stuff. I remember the buzz about Kinect when it first came out, but this new version looks like it will blow that out the water and then some.

Think I'll wait to see how they incorporate it into a game before making a full judgement though...

Thanks Dreeko!
22/05/2013 18:36:53

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
oO I have been keeping my eye on mocap with kinect and other cameras that do this.. i wonder if soon its time for me to consider adding this to my repertoire. Blender added recently an ability to use this these cameras for mocap and i am curious to see how it all works. Blender added a lot of cool stuff recently its all very exciting ... now i have to go and catch up
23/05/2013 08:36:03

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
urbanlamb wrote:
oO I have been keeping my eye on mocap with kinect and other cameras that do this.. i wonder if soon its time for me to consider adding this to my repertoire. Blender added recently an ability to use this these cameras for mocap and i am curious to see how it all works. Blender added a lot of cool stuff recently its all very exciting ... now i have to go and catch up

Yea I know! I have recently been trying to branch out my PC knowledge with some Blender modelling/animating. Youtube has some fairly easy to follow tutorials of folks going over the Mocap to Blender process using 3rd party Mocap/Kinect programs found on the net (some free, some not so much). You should definitely have a wee look and see what you can take from them.
24/05/2013 17:46:23

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Mike_Num_5 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Yea I know! I have recently been trying to branch out my PC knowledge with some Blender modelling/animating. Youtube has some fairly easy to follow tutorials of folks going over the Mocap to Blender process using 3rd party Mocap/Kinect programs found on the net (some free, some not so much). You should definitely have a wee look and see what you can take from them.

Yeah i am going to have to find the time I think because I know eventually muvizu will likely allow fbx format imports which opens the door for animation files
the topic is closed

Home ? General Discussion ? xbox one and new kinect features