Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? cannot find muvizu.dll on mac

the topic is closed
22/07/2013 13:37:44

ghrenig
ghrenig
I installed xp on a imac with intel dual processor.
My experience
The first problem was that xp on install didn't seem to find the standard imac keyboard so i plugged in a pc usb keyboard and all was fine.
Eventually I managed to get xp working and after installing all the snow leopard drivers everything seemed to working on the imac. Can now boot into mac or xp no problems.

I then trued installing the 32bit version of muvizu seemed to have problems finding the .net version after solving these problems I then installed service pack 3 as the microsoft installer complained plus various other problems.
I uninstalled muvizu including doing a check in regedit for any signs of muvizu.
I rebooted and installed the 32bit version which I had down loaded on a pc and transferred on a usb stick.

It installed ok without any error messages and I checked the tick boxes to install the directx and c++ libraies. I ticked all three check boxes.
After installing it still complained that it couldn't find muvizu.dll when trying to launch.
Q1 any ideas.
When movizu installes it seems to check that the install is correct. Is this using a check sum to confirm the download or just the the files exist.
It might be handy with such a large file that there was a way off running a checksum on it to confirm that the file wan't corrupted.
Will try and install the same package on a laptop with xp installed.

The process of installing the xp was interesting although it took me several hours to get xp installed properly.
Might be nice to know the basic graphics spec that it required on an imac. Mine is a intel 2 duo with a radeon x1600 spec card,
22/07/2013 13:51:26

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Ghrenig,

As you have installed .NET, Direct X and C++ so the most likely culprit are your Radeon Drivers - have you installed the most recent version of them?

If not then you should be able to get them here: http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.2&product=2.4.2.3.10&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=&keywords=&items=20

Take care,
-Jim
22/07/2013 16:58:03

ghrenig
ghrenig
I tried the link but there didn't seem to be any drivers there.
I installed the latest drivers from the snow leopard disk.
Maybe the imac is just too old at 2006, it is a long time in the mac world.

thanks
23/07/2013 09:16:43

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Huh, that is odd - why would they list it if there are no drivers?

I did a bit of digging - apparently the legacy desktop drivers may work:

http://support.amd.com/us/psearch/Pages/psearch.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13%3b2.4.1.3.12%3b2.4.1.3.12.3.2%3b2.4.1.3.11%3b2.4.1.3.10%3b2.4.1.3.9%3b2.4.1.3.8%3b2.4.1.3.7%3b2.4.1.3.6&contentType=GPU+Download+Detail&ostype=Windows+XP+-+Professional%2fHome&keywords=&items=20
23/07/2013 20:46:05

ghrenig
ghrenig
I noticed there was a problem with the smbus so I installed the drivers off the snowleopard bootcamp nvideo directory. That solved the smbus problem. Besides muvizu not running, xp seems to be working well on the imac.

I downloaded the exe from the link, I probably gave up too soon when doing a search as it took several minutes to load the link location that you supplied above.
Installed the software on the imac but it couldn't find anything suitable.

Looking on the apple website I found a bootdisk update 2.1 which I am currently downloading the second time as the first time it said the download was corrupt.

Might try and download the complete muvizu.
Is there anyway of confirming that the muvizu download has not been corrupted?

Living in the depths of wales I only get a 2mb download speed.

Ghrenig
23/07/2013 21:10:53

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
ghrenig wrote:
Living in the depths of wales I only get a 2mb download speed.

Ouch! I remember when I had 0.5mbps download speed, and Muvizu took an hour or two to download!

Good luck!
MDW13
24/07/2013 09:38:49

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again,

Generally if the download has been corrupted it won't even install, as there is a verification at the start of the installation.

Apparently those drivers that you just downloaded will work, but they need to be altered slightly so that they don't give up when they see a Mac - obviously I cannot guarantee that this will work, as I don't have a Mac to test it on - but the information can be found on these two pages:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=684220
http://www.hardwareheaven.com/modtool.php

Cheers,
-Jim
27/07/2013 16:59:22

ghrenig
ghrenig
At last success. I uninstalled.net and then reinstalled .net 4.0 I then checked all the latest updates. Still no luck running any programs wanting .net . Then I installed .net 3.5 and everthing works ok not bad for a 200 pound intel imac.
Thanks for your thoughts and help. Now what was I going to do aweek ago?

Thanks for all your help
regards
Ghrenig
29/07/2013 07:40:56

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
So installing .NET 3.5 worked? Thanks for letting us know - I will add that to the Wiki. Big Grin
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? cannot find muvizu.dll on mac