Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? New Hat

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
09/11/2013 19:23:37

IanHolmes
IanHolmes
Evenin' All,
I have play+ licenced version and my boss has just requested that I give a character xmas antlers as a hat in the next animation...
I can see an import option in the hats section...is it as easy (haha) as making an ase model and importing it?
Advice welcomed!

Cheers
09/11/2013 19:25:28

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Pretty much, yeah
09/11/2013 19:39:45

IanHolmes
IanHolmes
I'll do that then. Best learn sketchup
09/11/2013 21:03:48

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
All you really need to do is download a reindeer or something similar from Google 3D Warehouse, get it into Sketchup, delete everything except the antlers, then export that as an .ASE file. There are lots of forum posts regards the pitfalls of that apparently simple process, so get ready to read
09/11/2013 21:39:08

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
ziggy72 wrote:
There are lots of forum posts regards the pitfalls of that apparently simple process, so get ready to read

LOL
10/11/2013 18:10:21

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
'tis true I think I am coming closer to the recipe for being able to use muvizu (or any other machinima/real time engine platform out there) and its this

1 cup geek
1 cup artiste
1 cup filmmaker
3 cups patience

well something like that some people catch on faster then others whatever we do the one thing we need to be willing and able to do is sit down and learn and in some cases acquire new skills

If you enjoy artistic endeavours you will enjoy muvizu or any other software (for the most part ) if however you try to rush it wont ever happen and you will get frustrated and give up. Enjoy the journey it can be fun

*goes to make a few other basic muvizu play+ models for the gallery*

adding afterwards I can't believe I managed to type that and format it and put in punctuation and had time to do so.. today is a good day for posting and writing as the world allows it!
edited by urbanlamb on 10/11/2013
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? New Hat