Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Problem with updating

the topic is closed
14/01/2014 14:48:05

HayManMarcExperimental user
HayManMarc
Hello

I just updated my Muvizu (64bit) to the recent version in hopes that I can purchase the "Muvizu: Play+" license while it is at such a bargain. But after the update, the program keeps telling me there is a new version of Muvizu and asks me if I'd like to update to the new version. I did so again, but alas, it asks me the same thing again. I checked the version without updating again to see if it would run, and it does. Per instruction by Carole (Staff), I looked for the 'play+' update info in the question mark. It is not there.

Here's a screenie:

What am I doing wrong? or... what is going on?
14/01/2014 15:06:00

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
HayManMarc wrote:
I just updated my Muvizu (64bit) to the recent version
When you updated, did you update from the old look Muvizu ("Beta") to the new-look Muvizu:Play, or just update Muvizu:Play to a new version? Can I ask how you performed the update? EG did you download the installer for the newest version from Muvizu.com, download the installer from another site, update via in-app prompts, or something else...?

HayManMarc wrote:
In that "?" menu, could you click the "About" option and then tell me which version of Muvizu:Play you have? It will be the string of characters between the phrase "build:" and the phrase "(64-bit)" near the bottom of the "About Muvizu:Play" window.
14/01/2014 15:22:28

HayManMarc
Thanks, Lev. Here's the process of what I did:

I opened my copy of Muvizu. I believe it was the "old look Muvizu (Beta)" as I have never downloaded the "play" version. Then I updated per pop-up message, including the three addons (.NET, directx, and other(can't remember)). Upon the 'finish install' message, I chose to start Muvizu. When the program opened, I was presented with the same update message - thus the endless loop of updating.

Here is screenie of "About":
14/01/2014 15:46:49

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
HayManMarc wrote:
Thanks, Lev. Here's the process of what I did:

I opened my copy of Muvizu. I believe it was the "old look Muvizu (Beta)" as I have never downloaded the "play" version. Then I updated per pop-up message, including the three addons (.NET, directx, and other(can't remember)). Upon the 'finish install' message, I chose to start Muvizu. When the program opened, I was presented with the same update message - thus the endless loop of updating.
Thanks for the info... Your Muvizu HAS updated, but just not QUITE all the way yet I'm afraid! It looks like Muvizu has first had to update from "Beta" to Muvizu:Play, and in doing so has updated you to an early version of Muvizu:Play (2013.07.13.01R). If you update one more time, it should take you bang up to date with the most recent version (2013.10.28.01R). If you want to take the "should" out of the equation and just guarantee a jump to the most recent version, you can uninstall what you currently have and go to http://www.muvizu.com/Get-Muvizu to grab the installer for the most up-to-date version (though downloading this full installer could take longer than a simple in-app update). Apologies for the inconvenience!
14/01/2014 16:25:31

HayManMarc
Lol - no problem, we're gettin' it figured out.

I tried the "should" way and it didn't work. Actually, it updated to the 7.29(?) version. Then asked to update again. I tried again, but this time it seemed to not do anything. So I went and uninstalled Muvizu. Turns out, I had a 32-bit copy installed too, so I uninstalled it too. Now I'm downloading the newest version of 'play' from the link you gave.

Funny thing -- in the midst of downloading and typing this, a message came up saying "unable to complete update". Apparently, it WAS doing something, I guess. I must have interrupted the process when I uninstalled.

Anyway, we'll see how a clean install fares. Thanks again.
14/01/2014 16:39:09

HayManMarc
Success! The fresh install was the trick! The 'Play+' purchase went off without a hitch. Thank you for the help. Time to make some muvies.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Problem with updating