Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Lip Syncing?

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
25/01/2014 16:09:30

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
Hi All. I've had a character lip syncing to a .wav file I made. But the lip sync doesn't follow the audio correctly. Is there a way to improve on the lip sync so it looks more natural??? When I say the lip sync doesn't match the audio I mean that the mouth position doesn't correspond with the word he's supposed to be saying (I hope I'm making sense???).
25/01/2014 16:13:44

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
hi there

there is no way to change the vowels the character uses at the moment no sorry.
25/01/2014 16:59:15

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
Oh well! thanks for the quick reply. Had to ask.
25/01/2014 23:34:56

primaveranz
primaveranz
Yeah, I tried to make a character whistle recently. Don't bother trying it
27/01/2014 21:41:18

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
All the same. It would be great to have our characters seem to be actually mouthing their lines. Cartoonists have strived for years to achieve this effect. I personally would have been happy to pay a lot more for Muvizu if it was able to do this. That saying, well done you guys who produced Muvizu. I'm having lot of fun using it.
27/01/2014 23:33:50

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
primaveranz wrote:
Yeah, I tried to make a character whistle recently. Don't bother trying it

Here's my half-assed attempt:
27/01/2014 23:45:34

bigwally
SonOfKong wrote:
All the same. It would be great to have our characters seem to be actually mouthing their lines.

Look at other videos on this site. I think you will notice that 90% of the time, lip-sync is right on cue. One of the problems with many users is when the dialog is complete with other sounds "tainting" the mix, such as music, sound effects, noise, other characters talking over others, etc. If you use a track with pure dialog, from one character, without any other noise, I think you would find that Muvizu does an amazing job of lip-sync. It's just up to the animator/filmmaker to figure out how to separate these sounds for use with Muvizu.
28/01/2014 09:22:21

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
To be honest, I was trying to have my character lip sync to a music track, maybe ,as you say, the background music played havoc with the mouthing.
28/01/2014 10:30:45

Lev_Dynamite
Lev_Dynamite
If you have the character lipsync to JUST the vocals, you'll notice a vast improvement than if there are instruments in the background confusing the lipsync system. You could listen to the song on headphones and record yourself singing along to it without any backing music, use that in Muvizu, and then use video editing software to replace the audio track from your finished Muvizu video with the original full song. It doesn't matter if you're a good singer or not, it just matters that you say the right words at the right time! Maybe you'll even discover a talent for singing you never knew you had in the process.

Make sure you're using "Talk" and "Hush" to switch off lipsync as often as possible when there are no lyrics as well, of course, as this will reduce your character mouthing along when there are no words.
28/01/2014 12:18:42

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
I've been a singer/guitarist since I was 18 (now I'm 67). The backing I did was done in my own little studio set up in my back bed room. So my backing track has got a little confusing as I've included backing vocals. I like your suggestion though, I understand where you are coming from.
28/01/2014 14:36:41

SonOfKong
SonOfKong
Just a little up-date: I've just finished experimenting with my audio tracks and, as you suggested bigwally, it does indeed improve the voice syncing. I played my backing track (which I have on a lap top) through my headphones while at the same time recording me singing to it (in my case, on my keyboard), so I finish up with two wav files, one with the original music on and the second has just my singing voice. I had a character record a lip sync with just the vocal then afterwards brought in the music. At the end of it all it's just a case of syncing the two wav files with each other on the time line in Muvizu.
28/01/2014 15:32:44

bigwally
Glad to see you up an running. Much thanks to Zev_Dynamite for explaining how to do it. I couldn't explain it without confusing people.
15/05/2014 19:43:48

drmark
drmark
I am able to apply the lip synch to dialogue, but it does not hold. What I mean is that it works when I play back the timeline, but then later on when I play the clip again, no lip synch to dialogue. Any ideas why the lip synch disappears?
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Lip Syncing?