Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Backdrop Panes - Video overlays not working

the topic is closed
27/01/2014 23:29:13

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Tried my hand at making a quick video, using an .avi file on a backdrop. It was either blank, a still image, or just the first second of the video, starting over and over. How do I get a video imported to a backdrop without it messing up?

My Muvizu version: MZASS - v1.2 - build: 2013.10.28.01R (32-bit)
27/01/2014 23:59:51

primaveranz
primaveranz
bigwally wrote:
Tried my hand at making a quick video, using an .avi file on a backdrop. It was either blank, a still image, or just the first second of the video, starting over and over. How do I get a video imported to a backdrop without it messing up?

Not what you were trying to do I know, but have to tried just green screening the background vid in post?
28/01/2014 15:33:48

bigwally
> BUMP <

bigwally wrote:

28/01/2014 17:21:21

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi BigWally,

This type of problem can happen with you load in large video files or with various codec settings.

I'd recommend you get a copy of virtual dub (www.virtualdub.org) and using it, open the video file you want to import into Muvizu.

Next, look at the "Audio" menu and select the "No audio" option. Audio does not play from video on backdrops and it just adds extra data that Muvizu needs to process and ignore, if its not there to begin with it helps.

Second, go to the "Video" menu and select "Compression" on the Compression window select the Xvid option and Ok it.

Now, look at the timeline and set the start / end markers to only the part of the video you want to use in Muvizu.

Finally do "Save as AVI" in your project folder and once its finished encoding from Virtual Dub, try importing it into Muvizu.

--
Direct, don't animate!
28/01/2014 18:07:51

bigwally
Thanks for the step-by-step lesson on using VirtualDub, but, they're still not animated. The avi's only appear as still pics.

EDIT
The avi's only appear as still pics in Muvizu.
In VirtualDub, they work beautifully!
edited by bigwally on 28/01/2014
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Backdrop Panes - Video overlays not working