Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 3D Letter Objects. Aaaarrrggghhh!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/02/2014 06:42:47

HayManMarcExperimental user
HayManMarc
Is there a method for arranging the 3D letters?? As I try to arrange them. they wobble around, fall down, wank to the side, etc, whether I have floating on or off. It's driving me nutz! What's your solution??
13/02/2014 09:29:16

Mike_Num_5
Mike_Num_5
Hi HayManMarc, when you are creating the letters, are you keeping them grouped from the options?

I find it easier when making words/letters to keep things grouped.
13/02/2014 10:23:07

HayManMarc
Thank you for the reply, but would you elaborate further, please?

Just to clarify, I know how to group things together, but how does that help the letters from being all wonky and hard to place?
edited by HayManMarc on 13/02/2014
13/02/2014 23:43:01

HayManMarc
Well, I finally got two six-letter words lined up and grouped together. What a chore! Of the letters I used, these are the ones that continuously fall over when 'keep upright' is clicked on: T, I, Y, S.

My second attempt, I laid the letters down flat on the ground. This made them a little easier to manipulate. But after I had them all arranged and grouped together, I couldn't rotate them in the direction to stand them upright.

My 'successful' attempt was this. I created a long block to use as a backing so the letters would line up with each other. I then clicked on 'keep upright' for all the letters. Then, I picked up the letters and set them into place in front of the block.
Invariably, the 'culprit' letters would wobble around and fall down. I just had to try again until they happened to stay upright. When they finally did, I had to very carefully pick them straight up, move them close to position, angle them correctly (having snap-to-grid turned on in 'tools'), then move them over to the 'backing block' and get them as close to the ground as I could before dropping them into place.
Wow. What a process. Is there an easier way?
Also, for the Muvizu software developers, can you make the letters so they don't weeble-wobble and fall down when the 'keep upright' is turned on? The frustration was horrible. I'm lucky to still have hair on my head. :P lol
14/02/2014 01:06:21

primaveranz
primaveranz
What version of Muvizu are you using? I just tried in Muvizu Play+ and all the letters have "Float in Air" on by default and none of those ones fall over. Also are you sure that, when you were editing the properties for each letter that the properties box was the right one for that letter.
I have a tendency to edit one object then click on another and start changing the values in the properties box, forgetting that it still refers to the previous object.
14/02/2014 03:08:09

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
you do know that you can write words with all the letters automatically grouped together. in the create dropdown menu, use the words bit. it just type in what word you want.saves a whole lot of faffing about.

and as they are already grouped they shouldnt jump about.
14/02/2014 04:07:17

HayManMarc
Oh, for crying out loud. That's the sort of think I was looking for. Better late than never, I'll know for next time. Thanks, fazz68!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? 3D Letter Objects. Aaaarrrggghhh!