Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? What codec do you use and why?

What codec do you use?

XVID: 11
DIVX: 2
Uncompressed: 2
Panasonic DV: 0
Cinepack Codec by Radius: 1
Intel Indeo (R) video 4.5: 0
Intel IYUV Codec: 4
Microsoft Codec 1: 4
Indeo Codec 5.10: 1
Techsmith Screen Capture Codec: 0
DIVX 6.8.5 (4 Logical CPUs): 0
Helix YV12 YUV Codec: 0
VP70 General Profile: 0
Huffyuv v2.1.1 - CCESP patch v0.2.5: 1
ffdshow Video Codec: 4
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
03/03/2011 13:59:05

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Thanks Emily and GlasgowJim - Emily, those settings you mention are what I already use for everything. What I don't get is how I managed to create the Troggs Tapes, finish it, then move onto a new project with the same equipment, no changes, and only then have trouble. Wierd.

I had a look at the Premiere troubleshooting tips and I can't see any issues there either. It's just Cinepak it seems, everything else is fine. No big deal, MS codec is the same quality and it works fine with Premiere so I'll just go with that. I don't want to start messing with the K-lite codecs just now as I use the Shark007 codecs to ensure parity between my Xp and Vista machines, which I have managed to achieve - and you don't want to upset Vista, trust me!. It's possible that an update to the Shark007 codecs may have upset Cinepak in some way, but I already have a solution so I'll leave it at that. Thanks again!
03/03/2011 19:38:41

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
AAAARRHTHHGHGHGH!!!¬!!!!

Didn't work either. Although the MS codec looked okay, on closer inspection it's only 16 bit colour, and looks a bit horrible for my purposes. So I thought, Sod It, that Glasgow Jim fella seems pretty confident in this K-Lite pack thing, so I'll give it a go. Uninstalled Shark007's, installed K-Lite, went back to using Cinepak, and looks excellent again. And Premiere's happy too. Thankyou - should have listened to you in the first place!

Vista can go f**k itself, incidentally. It usually does anyway without any help from me.
08/03/2012 10:33:01

Luscan
Luscan
Hi!

To get more codecs onto your computer download the k-lite codec pack from www.free-codecs.com/k_lite_codec_pack_download.htm - you probably want the 'basic' version that's listed at the top of the page. That should install more codecs to your Muvizu.

Enjoy.
08/03/2012 10:36:18

gimmick
gimmick
You can find Xvid here: http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic491-xvid.aspx

Note that some codec like Cinepak doesn't exist for 64bits version
edited by gimmick on 08/03/2012
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? What codec do you use and why?