Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Importing from Google Sketchup

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
27/09/2010 08:44:46

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Ziggy
Think I am correct here but I'm sure one of the team will tell you if I'm not.

Please see post http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic512-Tech-Help.aspx#post1629 which explains how you can ensure the textures are loaded in with the mesh.

However if you save the set and then re-open the colours will all have disappeared again. This is a known bug and is targeted for fixing in the next release I believe.

So to use at the moment ensure that you record your output movie before you close your set
27/09/2010 10:50:18

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Ziggy,

Toonarama is correct, a lot of models have that default textures if you save then load the set (including the Mustang, unfortunately) - it is going to be fixed for the next release.

If your models have that texture as soon as you have created them then you may have your default texture set up incorrectly:

You need a bitmap which has a size that's a multiple of 256x256 (i.e. 512x512 or 1024x1024 will also work).

You need to save it as toto.bmp in the directory C:\UT3 - and if you make it a nice obvious colour it will make things easier.

Take care,
-Jim.
27/09/2010 21:27:26

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Dammit!! It was the UT3 folder I had completely missed - D'oh! All sorted now, thanks a million. Now I can continue on with my 4 hour epic...bow
28/09/2010 09:59:09

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
No Problem Ziggy - I am looking forward to seeing it.

Although I have to admit I am reminded of the Comedian Billy Connolly who went to Banjo lessons and ended up being the teacher as he was 1 lesson ahead of the rest of the class.

Take care,
-Jim.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Importing from Google Sketchup