Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Lip sync multiple characters

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
15/08/2015 14:39:32

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Thread made on behalf of fc123.
Posts so far:
Today 11:53 by fc123
Hi. am new here and have posted probs I am having with multi user dialogue on the forum. Would appreciate it if someone can help
Today 12:12 by MrDrWho13
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "multi user dialogue on the forum", but I assume you mean in Muvizu. There are a few guides you might like:http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/80/getting-characters-to-talk
Today 12:14 by MrDrWho13
http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/58/getting-multiple-dialogue-tracks-into-muvizuIf you want more info, I suggest you make a post on the forum because your questions will be answered in much more detail.http://www.muvizu.com/Forum
Today 12:25 by fc123
Thanks - sorry the chat post was to say I had posted the q on the forum. Have had a look at the wiki and tutorial vids but can't see answer to my problem. Muvizu not recognising my wav files as containing dialogue from more than one character
Today 14:06 by MrDrWho13
You have to do the talk/shush animation yourself for each character (Direct dialogue) and you can use the same audio for multiple characters. So you set it to talk when a person is talking, and then you make your character shush when someone else is.
Today 14:07 by MrDrWho13
I haven't seen your post on the forum, but hopefully that's what you're having trouble with. The mouth moving to the sounds is automatic, but knowing when to talk is not.
Today 14:09 by fc123
Thanks - yes tried to do this and seems to work at the time then when I play back both lip sync again at the same time. The tutorial vid shows a diff menu with only me talk etc. I don't see this
Today 14:11 by fc123
yes - that's my prob. Post not showing on forum yet. Still cant get it to work. Thanks for taking the time to help
edited by MrDrWho13 on 15/08/2015
15/08/2015 14:56:20

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
The tutorial video you watched may be out of date.
I'll go through the steps just in case you missed anything:
So you have 2 characters and an audio track in Muvizu, go to prepare dialogue and make sure both have the right audio track in "lipsync to" dropdown box.

Then you click "Switch to Direct".
Next, you click the record button on the timeline which is the button with the red circle in the top left corner:

Muvizu will now count down from 3 and then start recording.
You click the talking button when you want your character to lipsync and the other button when you want them to stop:

When you're finished with that character, you hit the stop button which is the one with the square:

Now you repeat this for any other characters in the scene.

Having gone through this I think the point you may have been stuck is by hitting the play button rather than the record one.
15/08/2015 15:16:29

fc123
fc123
thanks. Wondered about the video being out of date as I noticed some of the screen shots looked different. Yes been trying this multiple times now. When I shush one the entire dialogue for the other "unshushes" and vice versa so either have both talking or both quiet. Cannot alternate between them. Have deleted the track and retried multiple times. Feel like I'm doing something in wrong order or missing one simple step somewhere but can't see where- I know its probably me !
15/08/2015 15:40:13

fc123
fc123
To MrDrWho13 I seem to have got it
Was toggling between the prepare and direct to change the shush on and off. Didn't realise I could do it straight from the direct dialogue window Thanks again for the help
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Lip sync multiple characters