Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? 20 Second Film Competition (Summer theme)

pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/07/2016 13:15:48

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, it’s time for the next competition!

Have you ever been on holiday and had something awful happen to you? An alien invasion or zombie apocalypse, perhaps? Maybe it was just your ice cream scoop falling out of your cone?

Well now’s your time to show us what happened (And hopefully make us laugh). You have 20 seconds to fill, so you better make these stories snappy!

Here are the official rules:
  • The video should be about your worst (or at least a bad) holiday experience. (It doesn’t have to be true!)
  • The video must be 20 seconds or less. (Not including titles)
  • The video must be made in Muvizu, but editing and compositing in external programs is allowed.
  • The video must not contain any copyrighted material. (We don’t want your videos to be taken down over something like this)
  • Participants may post more than one entry, but this will not help your chances for the randomly selected prize.
  • You must post your submission in this thread before midnight on Sunday 14th of August (It’s probably best to upload though the Muvizu site, then get the link from YouTube to post here).

Two winners will be selected:
1. The best video decided by a panel of judges.
2. A randomly selected video just to liven things up a bit.

Each winner will receive the beach set shown in the video, as well as this house set kindly donated by Muvizu Mogul Ziggy72:

Good luck everyone!

Please note that these sets are only compatible with Muvizu:Play+. If you have not yet purchased Muvizu:Play+, then I recommend that you do since it is a massive improvement on the standard Muvizu:Play.

edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/07/2016
edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/07/2016

edited by MrDrWho13 on 29/07/2016
21/07/2016 14:21:55

Rocque
Rocque
I like the beach scene. 20 seconds? I think I can I think I can. Maybe I can. I am thinking that it might be a good omen that I found this before all the others did, and left their comments. Ohhhhhh, what bad experience to animate.

Thanks for hosting the competition MDW13.
21/07/2016 16:13:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I like the fact that it's vacation-themed and the prize is a beach set !

Unfortunately, I normally vacation at the beach, so I need a beach set in order to make the video... Once I make my own beach set I won't need the prize. (Not a problem, since I probably won't win anyway ... ;-) )
can we use characters that were created outside Muvizu as long as its animated inside Muvizu with keyframes?

And yeah, thanks for hosting the competition MDW13
edited by PatMarrNC on 21/07/2016
21/07/2016 16:16:44

MrDrWho13
It's good to see users interested in participating.
Yes, you can do it if it's in Muvizu. (That method does sound difficult though)
22/07/2016 17:36:44

MrDrWho13
Update:
Ziggy72 has kindly donated his house set to this competition, so each winner will receive this alongside the beach set.

Get cracking, everyone! Anyone can win!
22/07/2016 19:35:18

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
nice looking set

(and so is the beach set)

anybody would be happy to win either of these great prizes....
22/07/2016 22:05:10

mindiflyth
mindiflyth
So, is winning the competition the only way we could use these sets? I hope not, because those are great sets!
22/07/2016 22:42:14

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
mindiflyth wrote:
So, is winning the competition the only way we could use these sets? I hope not, because those are great sets!

Winning is the only way to get my set, for sure. It contains other people's models, so I don't want to publicly post them. Incentivized yet? Big Grin
22/07/2016 22:43:14

MrDrWho13
mindiflyth wrote:

I'm planning to sell the beach set once the transparent avi issue is fixed. There's something that I want to add that takes advantage of this. Winners will receive any newer versions of the beach set.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 22/07/2016
23/07/2016 14:08:03

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I've never had a disastastrous vacation, so for ideas I Googled the phrase "vacation horror stories"...

Man! Apparently lots of other people have had bad vacations! It made for interesting reading, but I still don't have an original idea that can be squished into 20 seconds. But the deadline's about a month away, so ....
23/07/2016 14:58:37

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
PatMarrNC wrote:
I've never had a disastastrous vacation, so for ideas I Googled the phrase "vacation horror stories"...

Man! Apparently lots of other people have had bad vacations! It made for interesting reading, but I still don't have an original idea that can be squished into 20 seconds. But the deadline's about a month away, so ....

Same here, never had a disastastrous vacation. I could make something up, but I think 20 sec. is quite short. Why is the limit 20 seconds?
23/07/2016 15:26:24

MrDrWho13
ikes wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:

Same here, never had a disastastrous vacation. I could make something up, but I think 20 sec. is quite short. Why is the limit 20 seconds?

I was trying to have a bit of contrast to the 2-3 minute competition.
Have a look at 5 second films on YouTube for inspiration of how to format a short film if it helps.
23/07/2016 21:53:03

Rocque
Rocque
Thanks for the suggestion about where to look to format the time length on the animations. While my whole vacations have not been disastrous, I have had some "moments". It might be why I prefer to stay close to home. Hopefully I will be able to capture one of those moments. I am working on it.

Just back from finding one 5 second video with my least favorite word in it as the main word. Well there is one word that might be more offensive, but that is not the point. I see what they did, and it was sort of the direction I was going in. It will be a new challenge and I won't have to spend a lot of time wondering about the sets, or will I? In any case I am going with my own style.

edited by Rocque on 23/07/2016
edited by Rocque on 23/07/2016
24/07/2016 08:52:03

eugenecheese
eugenecheese
Here's My Offering !
24/07/2016 09:15:19

MrDrWho13
We have our first entry! That looks good eugenecheese, simple but effective. Let's see how it compares to the coming clips.
You may submit as many entries as you like, but this will not increase your chances in the randomly selected prize.

Rocque, I look forward to seeing your idea take shape.
24/07/2016 14:39:20

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Good job, Eugene!

Apparently Wimbledon got rained out in '96? I'm not familiar with that bit of sports history, but I enjoyed your short film nonetheless!
24/07/2016 15:57:28

eugenecheese
eugenecheese
Yes, It's true ! And Cliff Richard did sing "Summer Holiday" !
The bit about everyone leaving is a lie !
The Moment is on Youtube.
edited by eugenecheese on 24/07/2016
24/07/2016 17:01:24

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
eugenecheese wrote:
Yes, It's true ! And Cliff Richard did sing "Summer Holiday" !
The bit about everyone leaving is a lie !

...but they wanted to leave, oh yes they did...
24/07/2016 18:37:55

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Wow, did I miss something, now we have another Competition,
20 seconds,I could try,but the way I work I would get carried away and make it too long,
Nice prizes to,maybe I could do something.
24/07/2016 21:54:08

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
I usually go camping on our independence day,
So here's my entry

It's true I tried to cook a corn over
The campfire but burned,so instead I turned
It into popcorn!

Excuse the typing, I'm on my phone.
edited by clayster2012 on 24/07/2016
pages: 1 2 3 4 5 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? 20 Second Film Competition (Summer theme)