Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
13/05/2017 14:15:45

Bob-Albion
Bob-Albion
Can someone help i would like to texture a caricature to look like Muvizu style Chewbacca. I know how to paint and texture on UV maps to a degree, but how would i go about making him look hairy ! as painting flat hair looks flat lol

Thanx for reading i look forward to your ideas.
13/05/2017 14:30:27

Bob-Albion
Bob-Albion
Just a thought can i export one of the caricature models as an obj and import it in to Blender as texturing the UV's on the model would make life easier.
edited by Bob-Albion on 13/05/2017
13/05/2017 16:47:56

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
alas, you are right, painted hair (or any other texture) looks flat. But that is the only real option you have. Muvizu doesn't let you export anything, it only imports.

One thing you COULD do (if you know how to use Blender and make models) is to model a full-head mask for Chewbacca, which could be shaped to look more like fur.
13/05/2017 18:22:22

Bob-Albion
Bob-Albion
Thank you PatMarr could you tell me or point me to where i would find the dimensions for a head mask as yes i can model one in blender.
13/05/2017 20:06:33

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
sizing is a bit of trial and error, but here's my general rule of thumb:

Most modelling programs have a plane/grid visible when you open it. If you imagine that grid to be a chess board, model your character to be about the size of a chess piece on a board of that size. Then save as FBX, and open it in Muvizu. Chances of getting the size right on the first try is slim, but you should be close enough to make adjustments and try again until your test character is about the same size as a Muvizu character.

Once you have it sized correctly then model all future attachments to fit that character.

a note about attachments: the model's origin (XYZ=0) is where the attachment will "bind" to your Muvizu character's attachment point. Each attachment point (hair, nose, ears, hat, belt etc) will have its own zero point... meaning a belt will attach at the waist, a hat will attach at the head etc. But regarding the attachments you make, you must reposition the center of the attachment to x0 y0 z0 or it won't connect to your character in the right location.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.