Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Importing Assets ? Muvizu now importing models more cleanly

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/05/2017 03:04:01

dltanner99
dltanner99
One issue I have had with Muvizu is that I never seemed to be able to import models correctly. I have the same Sketchup and conversion tools, but I would often get errors when I tried to import them. Now, I seem to have a great deal more success and better results, even though periodically it tells me that a model is too large or too small. There is such incredible potential with this tool, with iClone going over the top to regulate even the physics of how objects interact. I use both tools interchangeably, and I have learned to work with all manner of digital models and visual/audio tools. I am still reliant on the great artists on Muvizu for assets, but I think this latest release has come a long way in fixing imports of fbx and ase files. Now, if only it would allow for obj and skp, I would consider that a major leap in compatibility. Well done!
17/05/2017 09:38:15

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
If you don't have it already, here is a .ase exporter plugin for Sketchup 2017 which makes the collision very small to stop objects bumping into each other: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-_4UVPr59ACQldMOW1qMEdsZ2c (It's a bit of a bodge of the older exporter, and I plan to re-enable the option to let Muvizu make a collision mesh when I next find time)

The latest version of Muvizu (March 2017) does support .obj files, although they're less reliable than .fbx from what I've heard. I doubt that Muvizu will have the ability to import .skp files in the future.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Importing Assets ? Muvizu now importing models more cleanly