Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? New 64 bit and New 32 bit Crash on "Make video"

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
17/06/2011 06:08:19

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Sorry - I missed this thread.

I also get random lock ups when selecting video>make video from the top menu bar. This will lock my whole damn machine.

I was trying to work out some rules and I think it may be connected to what else is going on on my machine at the time - iPlayer is top of my list at the moment, but it's always Muvizu which initiates the hang by doing a video>make video (I use the save button a lot).

I have an NVidia GeForce GTX 460 card.

When the PC has locked I reboot, go back into Muvizu and render the exact same thing fine.

Happens probably 1 in 25 renders.

Berty
23/06/2011 05:48:09

mac17
mac17
THX guys, i thought i was the only one with this problem!!! i thought the 'DefaultGame.ini' replacement was for the 64 bit version, i will never turn anti-alias on again hopefully
14/07/2011 14:22:10

CrazyDaveMuvizu staff
CrazyDave
Just a wee note to everyone who had this problem and fixed it with the patch.

I had this occur on one of our work laptops here at Muvizu. It was easy to fix by applying the patch but then I realised that actually I was using a Dell laptop that had two graphics processor modes: one is "High performance NVIDIA processor" accelerated graphics for running 3D application and the other is Intel "Integrated graphics" which gives better battery life for the laptop but is not so good for 3D and games (and doesn't support anti-aliasing).

The preferred choice between the two processors are accessed by following:
Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> NVIDIA Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Global Settings

The reason that I'm posting this is that I suspect quite a few of you might have similar laptops and may be using the Intel graphics adaptor rather than the NVIDIA one. Not only would you be missing out on the anti-aliasing, but your machine will perform much more slowly when running Muvizu. I recommend that you check this out... if anyone is in this situation and switch to the NVIDIA processor you can uninstall and re-install Muvizu to get the anti-aliasing back on (or message me and I'll send you an "un-patch").

n.b. I believe that future versions of Muvizu will be sensitive to the machine's anti-aliasing capabilities and will not crash whether the card supports it or not.

Cheers, Dave.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? New 64 bit and New 32 bit Crash on "Make video"