Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Stop the trumpet noises?

the topic is closed
01/11/2011 23:41:33

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
OK I know this is going to sound a bit daft...but every time I start the Muvizu program my pc blows a damned trumpet and I then have to give the okay for 'Muvizu to make changes to my computer'. How do I just make Muvizu load without the computer asking if its okay (I wouldn't have clicked the task bar button if it wasn't ok to load muvizu)...

I'm just getting a little frazzled with the repetitive tasks and trumpets.

Its only Muvizu that does this, even virtual dub just gets on with things without Satchmo joining in with a fanfare.
edited by Dylly on 01/11/2011
02/11/2011 05:49:10

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Dyllym this is because Muvizu wants to run as an administrator by default and Windows 7 UAC (User access control) is kicking in.

There are two solutions....

1) Turn off UAC - this is not recommended as it will decrease security protection on your PC
2) Stop it running as administrator.

I've tried to not run it as administrator and it can't find files when loading previous sets - not too sure what's going on there.

It is a little odd for the application to be set up this way - maybe someone from Muvizu will let us know why they have designed it so ??

Berty
edited by ukBerty on 02/11/2011
02/11/2011 11:10:48

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ukBerty wrote:
It is a little odd for the application to be set up this way - maybe someone from Muvizu will let us know why they have designed it so ??

We didn't so much "design it so" as "not realise it was going to happen". The problem is down to the location of Muvizu's data files that contain the list of characters, objects, textures, etc. We tried to fix it once upon a time, but it broke Windows XP (if I remember correctly). There's a proper fix coming in a future release, so in the meantime please bear with us and accept our apologies.
edited by Neil on 02/11/2011
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Stop the trumpet noises?