Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Can't wait for this!

the topic is closed
01/03/2012 16:33:33

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Fellow users!
You have to see what's coming!

http://www.muvizu.com/News/121/In-the-months-ahead

Should be "incredible"

Cheers
D
01/03/2012 16:47:09

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
Looks like its going to be another great year for Muvizu!
01/03/2012 21:14:27

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
You know what this means? Eh? Eh? It means I'm going to have to do some housework...because Her Next Door will be nagging and moaning that I'm going to be glued to my computer for the rest of the year!
02/03/2012 08:38:47

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Great idea - would we accept a few bugs to get the latest features - 100% yes.
Only rider would be that I have a feeling that a lot of the heavy users have had to abandon the latest version because it appears to be too resource intensive.
The cutting edge version can be bug infested but we need to be able to run it!
02/03/2012 10:36:25

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
toonarama wrote:
Great idea - would we accept a few bugs to get the latest features - 100% yes.
Only rider would be that I have a feeling that a lot of the heavy users have had to abandon the latest version because it appears to be too resource intensive.
The cutting edge version can be bug infested but we need to be able to run it!

There was a definite slow down which was introduced with the last build. There were a couple of issues. There was one thing to do with shadow calculations on both the 64 and 32-bit versions, and there was also a general slowdown on the 64-bit version.

Both of these issues have been fixed - and we're currently getting the same performance as the 0.18b release. There is one small exception to that - sadly. If you run DirectX 11 on the 64-bit it's a wee bit slower - and we're still trying to get to the bottom of why. If you run DirectX 9 though, it has the same performance, so it's DirectX related. (DX9 will be the default option, so you have to opt in to make it slower.)
02/03/2012 11:37:30

toonarama
Thanks mcmillan-ra - very useful information

mcmillan-ra wrote:
If you run DirectX 9 though, it has the same performance, so it's DirectX related. (DX9 will be the default option, so you have to opt in to make it slower.)

Does this mean you can choose which version of Direct X to use or would you have to uninstall later versions to revert back to DX 9?

thank you

Mick
02/03/2012 13:37:51

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
There's a menu option that allows you to select which one you want, DX9 being the default. When you switch, you would need to exit and restart the app to make the changes take effect though. We can't really switch it once it's up and running. But you don't need to reinstall the app or anything.
02/03/2012 13:47:59

toonarama
thank you!
03/03/2012 06:57:39

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Great news. The decoupling of the art and engine is a smart move. Will there be an SDK so that others can create content (characters/character props/objects/animations)?

I think we'd all be prepared to put a new version through it's paces and it should mean quicker fixes for the dangerous version as it won't affect the standard release. We sort of have this dual version situation at the moment as Toonarama says - I think most of us use 0.18 for the donkey work and only use 0.19 if we need to do something only available in the latest version.

Keep up the great work.
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? Can't wait for this!