Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Sketchup

the topic is closed
22/02/2013 06:27:41

iscoped
iscoped
Ok so yesterday I got Muvizu on my windows 8 PC I'm really looking forward to making some videos but before I start I have a question.... I would like to make a building on sketch up I downloaded the plugin and am not sure what to do from then onwards it occurred to me that if I did make a building on sketch up would it not look "boxy" with too many straight lines to fit into the Muvizu theme I read that 3DS max can help but I have school and don't have time to buy and learn 3DS's interface as apparently it is complex any ideas or am I panicking over nothing?... Also when I opened up muvizu for a brief moment it seemed very alien obviously I will have to learn ect. However is there any good resources out there like step by step tutorials to get the basics I saw some on the "How To" section but found it a little strange to follow with simple things such as what buttons pressed to open properties ect. I know I must sound very novice well I am but before I sunk my teeth into this software I just wanted to get a little knowledge under my belt
22/02/2013 13:49:51

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Iscoped,

Don't panic !

We all started somewhere. I had no knowledge of any of this stuff before I used Muvizu and have just picked things up - most of it is really quite easy.

Go through the tutorials one by one (in the "How to" section) and then I would have a go at making a short video to make sure you understand it.

Then you can move on to importing things from Sketchup - again, once you have the process it's not so bad.

Then you can get into designing your own 3D assets, although this is much trickier.

It's quite a learning curve but it'll be fun and there's always people to help.
22/02/2013 15:25:05

willik
willik
I agree with ukBerty. Start with the "How to" and be patient with yourself.

This program is lot easier to use than most I have played with.

I started about month ago working with Muvizu. It's absoulty the best program I found for what I want to do.

My first little skit was a valentine I did for my wife. She loved it.
I love the cartoon look of Mivizu.

I'm still learning. Learn alot in the forum. Great ideas are hidden there.

I tried importing from Sketchup and didn't do so well. I'm still a beginner, but eventually it will happen. There are some "How to" on this subject, but I would try working with the software before trying this step.
the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Sketchup