Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Muvizu Play will not launch

the topic is closed
10/04/2013 12:49:46

Nahton
Nahton
I've previously posted this in the Muvizu Play feedback thread but that seems more geared to feedback on the program interface and features so please feel free to delete the comment from there if you please.

I used to be able to successfully run an older version of Muvizu and before trying Muvizu Play I tried to launch it and it crashed and generated a Windows error report. I downloaded Play hoping getting the latest and greatest would resolve the problem and launching it generated the same behavior. I have the latest NVIDIA drivers recommended by my OEM and the older version used to work. Is there a log file I can send for troubleshooting or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!
10/04/2013 13:19:15

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Hi Nahton, there isn't a log file you can send us. The first thing I would suggest doing in uninstalling everything. Then make sure that the folders (default location - note also if you use the 32bit version on a 64bit computer add (x86)) c:\program files\muvizu and c:\program files\muvizu play are deleted.

Generally its always a good idea to do a restart at this point.

Then get the installer for Muvizu play and perform the install, making sure to install Direct X, .Net and C++ Redisreputables in the process.

Let us know how you get on doing this, and we'll take it from that point if it still does not work for you. Good luck!

--
Direct, don't animate!
11/04/2013 06:32:20

Nahton
Nahton
The re-install did not resolve the program so I looked for other causes. It appears to have been 2 different issues that were preventing the launch. One was the switchable graphics on my Lenovo laptop. I had to set Muvizu to use the integrated card. The other problem was related to my Xfinity (Comcast provided) Constant Guard Suite which had multiple levels of blocking applications that were unknown to it with an almost unnoticalble alert indicating it had done so and a really poorly designed program that re-blocked Muvizu even after I had initially turned the block off.

It's still a good news-bad news situation. I can launch and start new projects but trying to load my old one crashes the program every time.
18/04/2013 15:24:33

JamieMuvizu staff
Jamie
(Account inactive)
Nahton wrote:
It's still a good news-bad news situation. I can launch and start new projects but trying to load my old one crashes the program every time.

I'm glad to hear there has been some progress Nahton, when you say the old one crashes? What do you mean? Set files or an old version of Muvizu?

--
Direct, don't animate!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Muvizu Play will not launch