Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? FMX 2013 Muvizu workshop

the topic is closed
24/04/2013 15:08:06

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
Tomorrow morning, 9am (BST) UK time our very own BarryS will be doing a workshop from FMX 2013 live from Germany. There will be a live stream link up on the site in time for the event to start. So, now you've no excuse to stay in bed
25/04/2013 07:43:07

Muvizu_AdminMuvizu staff
Muvizu_Admin
The live stream of the Muvizu FMX 2013 workshop is now live at www.muvizu.com/Blog/152/FMX-2013-Live-Stream
25/04/2013 09:00:57

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
The presentation has now begun guys
25/04/2013 09:52:21

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Some interesting stuff there and for me the big question is:

Will the FBX import (if proven successful) be avaiable in a hobbyist version (free or otherwise) too as I am assuming the professional version will be priced at professional levels?

Thanks

Mick
25/04/2013 14:12:14

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I tuned in while on the train so my phone signal was intermittent and I missed most of the presentation but I did see that one of my videos featured! (Batman Begins ...with a B) so yay!!
25/04/2013 14:29:02

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Dreeko
and your Idea animation too! - I don't know, you would think you were the only user!

Anyway main drift (although i missed the last few minutes) seemed to be along the lines of attempting to break into the professional market and have a "professional" version of the software.

There was also mention of importing assets via FBX but it wasn't clear whether or not this was only for the pro version - hence my question. Barry mentioned they have already performed some successful tests.

Monetisation was also mentioned as being something else that is still being looked at (ie an alternative method to the recently implemented pay per minute).
edited by toonarama on 25/04/2013
25/04/2013 15:39:07

Dreeko
Thanks for the update Toon!
It all sounds very interesting. Looks like there is a lot more to come from Muvizu!

Exciting times ahead!

Cheers
D
25/04/2013 15:54:16

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
I missed this, is there a way to watch it now?
25/04/2013 16:47:09

Dreeko
Yes!
I've just watched the whole thing here

http://muvizu.com/Blog/152/FMX-2013-Live-Stream

It starts about 41 mins into the video btw!

Cheers
D
25/04/2013 19:49:43

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
yay pro version good i can't get any bandwidth now seems my isp wants me to upgrade (again) but I will watch later anyhow I was hoping to see muvizu morph into something else over time. Unreal engine + open back end = way cool.

finally got to load the video presentation and i see they are trying to create a "muviclone" I was wondering the motivation to adding a pro timeline to this software. So cough sorry if i have been a little shall we say cranky? I dunno how to say it and good work so far on the timeline its a good start. It will be way cool when the work area is organized a bit better (at the moment for complex things its a no go) and I hope to see "muviclone" in the future. With the advances in pc technology its getting to the point that really using 3dsmax or cinema3d is not necessary. Graphics are decent enough now to make it possible to use real time for very nice things. I have watched some real time iclone creations which have just blown me away.
edited by urbanlamb on 25/04/2013
the topic is closed

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? FMX 2013 Muvizu workshop