Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Unable to Make Video : "The file is locked ..."

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
09/08/2010 17:24:59

mcmillan-raExperimental userMuvizu staff
mcmillan-ra
OK, that is a bit weird. We've seen codecs causing the issue before, but it's not even getting to the point of using your codec before it breaks. It is actually at the point of opening the file that it fails.

The possible failures according to the MSDN docs are filetype does not have a handler (which since it will be AVI I would doubt very much), file not writable or out of memory.

We'll look into it further - but it's a strange one.

Cheers
Robert
16/08/2010 11:34:00

davidbowman2001
davidbowman2001
(Account inactive)
Okay, I got it working but it required some drastic measures.
To get Muvizu to make a movie I did a complete reinstall of Windows (as a dual boot) with nothing but the essentials, such as Graphics Drivers, Windows Updates, etc. Muvizu then worked just fine - so it looks like something I've installed on my PC is clashing with Muvizu.
No other video/audio drivers were installed, only the default ones that came with the above installation.
So, currently, if I need to make a movie I've to reboot to the basic Muvizu Windows installation - it's a bit of a muddle, but a workaround for now.

FYI: PC Configuration (both working & non-working with Muvizu).

OS: Windows XP Pro 32bit with SP3 and all latest Windows updates.
Graphics: Radeon HD5770 with 1Gig RAM, 875Mhz (overclocked to 950Mhz) with Version 10.7 drivers.
RAM: 4Gig.
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4GHz (overclocked to 3.3GHz).
edited by davidbowman2001 on 8/16/2010
16/08/2010 11:50:05

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again David,

I am glad you got it working, but obviously we would prefer it if people didn't have to reinstall Windows :/.

There was another user who told us this morning that "Sony Vegas 7" was causing him problems - do you have that installed on your original boot?

Take care, and I hope you enjoy Muvizu.
-Jim.
16/08/2010 14:48:00

davidbowman2001
davidbowman2001
(Account inactive)
Hi Jim,

I saw that post about Sony Vegas 7 and that he said, IIRC, that his friend had a later version of Sony Vegas installed and Muvizu worked OK with the later version of Vegas installed.
I have Sony Vegas 8 installed (and other Sony stuff, Ulead stuff, Pinnacle, Adobe, etc, etc) on the original boot but I don't want to remove it, or the other stuff, as it will be a pain-in-the-ass to have to reinstall it/them with all the plugins & settings too - not that creating a dual boot system wasn't a time consuming process

Have a nice time in Köln,
dB.
16/08/2010 14:56:34

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi DB,

I am having a quick look at the various versions of Vegas and the updated version of Muvizu that has some codec fixes in it, just to see if the codec fixes work with Vegas 7, 8 and 9.

It never hurts to know how repeatable a crash is, and if it manifests in different ways .

I will let you know what happens with Vegas 8.

Take care,
-Jim.
16/08/2010 15:49:29

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again DB,

After checking Vegas 8 and 9 it appears that they are both fine - it was the Cineform HD codec that was bundled with 7 that was causing Richard's problem.

Take care,
-Jim.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Unable to Make Video : "The file is locked ..."