Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Lip sync issues with a 22 second video

the topic is closed
22/07/2013 05:28:38

deedee23
deedee23
My video is only 22 seconds long. It looks fine when I look at it in the timeline but when I render it, the lip sync is way off. I see that someone else had this issue, but their video was much longer and the dialogue more complex. I have straight dialogue and my video's so short, I didn't expect to have this issue. Is there any way to fix this?

I rebooted the computer and rendered it again. The results weren't any better. The more I review the video, the worse the lip sync issue gets. If anyone can help me with this, I'd really appreciate it.
22/07/2013 05:50:52

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
This is a known problem but I think it's a lot better in the latest version.

Before you render go to the timeline view and press the "jump to the start" button. Then press play and make sure that the whole thing is in sync. When you are adjusting keep reviewing from by using "jump to the start" rather than from where you paused. Do this in unlit mode as well It's the stop start that puts the review/edit process out of sync. I have never seen it where you can review the shot from the start and it looks OK all the way through and then then renders differently.
22/07/2013 14:44:51

deedee23
deedee23
I thought I hit the "jump to the start" button before I went to render. I know there were times when I was working on the video that I didn't. But maybe this was the issue. Next time I rendered the video, it worked! Thanks for your help
23/07/2013 05:59:21

ukBerty
Great Deedee. Just for clarification you don't need to hit jump to the start before you render - it will render exactly as you have set the speak/no speak markers. The issue is that when you are setting these unless you always review from the start of the clip by hitting "jump to start" you will set these in the wrong places as the audio tends to wander about.

Hope this makes sense.
23/07/2013 07:27:52

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Berty, I'm not sure if they fixed this, but if you have any effects animated in your movie, and want to start with them off; if you stop at a point where they are on before rendering, they will fade out at the start rather than being off.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 23/07/2013
23/07/2013 09:15:16

ukBerty
Yes, I had forgotten about that one. I always make sure I have a couple of seconds at the start and end of my render to get over this issue and so I can adjust things later. It's a good job you don't get charged per rendered second (sorry, what was that ?... Oh)
23/07/2013 10:37:27

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ukBerty wrote:
This is a known problem but I think it's a lot better in the latest version.

deedee23, can I please ask which version of Muvizu you were using? As ukBerty said, we've tried to improve the syncing in the latest (v1.1) version. If this is the version you're using, it sounds like we need to take another look at it.
27/07/2013 16:22:07

deedee23
deedee23
Hi Neil. I just saw your message. I updated before having this issue. So, I'm using the latest version of Muvizu.
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Lip sync issues with a 22 second video