Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Out of memory

the topic is closed
25/07/2013 09:56:11

herseem
herseem
I've just downloaded the latest 32-bit version, installed it on Windows XP with 4GB (I know that it only uses about 3GB of that 4GB), and on trying to load the dungeon scene it gets to about 60% and runs out of memory! WTF?? On then trying to load several other scenes they all fall over with the same problem. Some scenes load normally. Never had that problem before even the last time I used Muvizu was on a 2GB machine. How can this be? I also do video editing using Serif MoviePlus X6, which is also a fairly heavy use of the computer and that doesn't have a problem. Why is this, and what can we do about it?

Note: I have not loaded any other major applications since booting, such as any browser or email client, and it still does it. I have changed machine though, and am using the onboard graphics card with a new motherboard - could it be graphics memory its out of, or is it referring to main memory?

I've just checked the onboard graphics and it's the Intel G41 Express chipset, 'adapater string' - Intel(R) GMA 4500, with 256 MB. I'm pretty sure the last graphics adapter I used with Muvizu had no more memory than that.

Mike
edited by herseem on 25/07/2013
25/07/2013 11:19:02

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues - could you please open up task manager, go to processes and tell me how much memory Muvizu is using?

You do this by right-clicking on the menu bar (or pressing CTRL-ALT-DELETE), going to Start Task Manager then Processes and finding Muvizu.exe.

While you are in there you can also have a look to see if there are any other processes that are taking up a lot of system resources?

Thanks,
-Jim
25/07/2013 12:17:55

herseem
herseem
Hi Jim,

Well, I tried to paste an image of the task manager in here but couldn't work out how to do that. Before attempting to load any scenes, there were three copies of Muvizu.exe running for some reason, with only one using any CPU - around 40% CPU - but all around 300MB. when I try to load the Dungeon scene the copy of Muvizu taking all the CPU climbs to about 720MB at around 60% loaded and then gives up. I've noticed now that each time I close Muvizu it leaves it running in memory, even though I close it down properly. It seems that the three copies were from previous attempts

Mike Hersee
25/07/2013 12:26:14

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
herseem wrote:
I've noticed now that each time I close Muvizu it leaves it running in memory, even though I close it down properly. It seems that the three copies were from previous attempts

I thought they fixed this issue!

Anyway, regarding posting images, you save the screenshot and upload it somewhere (google docs, or http://imgur.com/ seem popular). Right click the uploaded image and select copy image URL. Click the image button at the top of the post message window and paste the URL.
The image should appear in your post.
25/07/2013 12:49:48

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
Hi again Mike,

That is odd, I will let the devs know that it isn't closing on your PC. It isn't ideal, but if you go into the task manager and right-click on the Muvizu.exe's that are still open then "End Process" it should hopefully free up enough resources to run properly.

Take care,
-Jim
25/07/2013 20:15:44

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
I still have "Muvizu never actually closes" issue as well. It's 100% reproducible and came in with the first version of Play.

I can do some debugging if you like - just let me know what to do.
edited by ukBerty on 25/07/2013
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Out of memory