Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? Issue with Commercial License

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
18/12/2013 18:01:41

rockroaster
rockroaster
Has anyone else experienced an issue when trying to load their commercial license for activation? I keep getting an error when trying to load. Been having this issue for well over a week, and it still has not been fixed. Have contacted Muvizu about it several times, but have not gotten any help. Support@digimania has been less than responsive. I had one gal try to help me out, but she is now on vacation till after the New Year, and no one else at Digimania is being responsive, and my video has to go live this week for my company!

Anyone have any suggestions? Anyone else have this same issue?
18/12/2013 19:28:23

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
try this particular support link http://muvizu.com/Support

i have not tried it myself but i assume this leads to their zendesk which they installed recently.
18/12/2013 19:30:47

rockroaster
rockroaster
Thanks, yeah tried that as well; they sent me an email, I responded back 3 times, and they never said anything back. Then today, they send me another email, saying they have not received any response from me (when in fact I have 3 times), so I responded again, and included all my previous responses to show them I have. Still nothing.

Very frustrated.
18/12/2013 19:44:35

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
i think you need to login to the zendesk once the ticket is activated the mails are just responders but its a ticket system so you need to click the link on the ticket and respond to it online. (again assumption on my part that it is in fact the zendesk i saw they had installed)
18/12/2013 19:51:16

rockroaster
rockroaster
It says in the body of the email you can reply back in the email, but perhaps you are right on the logging into the Zendesk. I will try that route and see what happens.

Thanks for your input! I will update the thread if I get an answer... Still curious if anyone else has had this issue, and what they needed to do to fix it?
18/12/2013 20:30:05

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
It might help if you tell us what the error message actually is, and when you're 'trying to load', do you mean you're getting it when loading Muvizu, or when loading a set within Muvizu, or a model, or what? A little more info might help, is all I'm sayin'
18/12/2013 20:38:58

rockroaster
rockroaster
Valid point.

The eror comes when I try to submit the code. After clicking on the "?" in the upper right corner and copying the code I receive in my email, I click on enter code, at which point the code gets copied into the entry box, I hit the activate button, and it tries to activate. Then, it comes up in that same box, and says "error! There was an eror upgrading your copy of Muvizu: Play. If this problem persists, please contact us." Then it give me in the corner of that same box an "Error Code" of W0.

So it's not letting me upgrade to the commercial version, which I need to do in order to make my video public for use within our company.
19/12/2013 15:37:41

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Thanks

When I tried to first activate my copy of Play+, I copied the code from the email and nothing happened in the program. I pasted the code into the box - still nothing. No code. After several minutes of head scratching, discovered that I could paste the code into a notepad text file, so copied THAT code and voila - Muvizu could see it, registered okay, all good. I am using (MS Office) Outlook, and it seems it does things to copied text, probably for some subtle privacy protection reason, which screws up the process - whichever email client you're using, trying pasting the code into a text document and copy that one instead (making sure it matches what was sent, and your client hasn't stuck in something extra).

Next culprit could be whichever firewall/AntiVirus combination you're using blocking the code when Muvizu is trying to send it back home. Can't offer much advice there since I don't know what you've got, but worth investigating. Also, if you're not running the PC in admin mode, try running Muvizu 'As Administrator'. Can't hurt

Next step after that is banging your head repeatedly off the computer until your blood destroys it, sorry to say. But hopefully it wont come to that - hope any of this helps.
19/12/2013 15:53:05

rockroaster
rockroaster
Thanks, those are great ideas. So I noticed the same thing with my code. When I copied it, it was changing the capitalization of a few of the letters. So I figured that was the issue. So I did what you recommended, and copied it into a text file, then into Muvizu.... and..... nothing. Same thing. So I tried it then running as an Administrator, and didnt help. Checked firewall, and it should allow it through, so I have no idea.

I did however notice that there are 2 folders that are supposed to exist (per the support team) called "License", and "LicenseTesting"; however the "License" folder does not exist, and the "LicenseTesting" folder is empty, so my guess is those have something to do with it, but I have no idea what.

My head hurts.
21/12/2013 20:30:55

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
I just tried activating my copy today, and get the same issue, Error Code: W0 (actually I don't know if it's a O or a 0)... Sent support request, and now I wait... and wait... and wait...
21/12/2013 21:11:45

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Wizaerd wrote:
I just tried activating my copy today, and get the same issue, Error Code: W0 (actually I don't know if it's a O or a 0)... Sent support request, and now I wait... and wait... and wait...

Unfortunately they have closed down for Xmas so unless someone is monitoring the forums you may need to be patient although others have had this issue so it may be worth a search through the forums
21/12/2013 21:24:47

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
toonarama wrote:
Wizaerd wrote:

Unfortunately they have closed down for Xmas so unless someone is monitoring the forums you may need to be patient although others have had this issue so it may be worth a search through the forums

It's really unfortunate that they don;t have someone handling support. I won't be able to create my XMas movie, with my FBX assets. And several of the sets I want to use (from the gallery here and what is shown in the startup) because it requies the higher licensing. ARGH!!! I can't even load the Prison set, which should be part of the basic package...
edited by Wizaerd on 21/12/2013
21/12/2013 21:30:17

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
It might be worth trying Ziggys tip of copying the code into a text file first and then into the program
21/12/2013 21:40:46

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
toonarama wrote:
It might be worth trying Ziggys tip of copying the code into a text file first and then into the program

Unfortunately, I had already tried that to no avail. I also tried re-booting, then copying and pasting the activation code from Notepad, also to no avail.
edited by Wizaerd on 21/12/2013
22/12/2013 13:18:35

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
im getting the wo error too trying to activate + on my laptop. i was so looking forward to being a lazy sod over christmas... oh well back to the desk top and bad back and flat arse city for now
03/03/2015 00:14:10

toonman
toonman
Today i download new muvizu and reinstall it, then i lost my license for Muvizu + please let me know. Thanks
03/03/2015 02:43:21

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
toonman wrote:
Today i download new muvizu and reinstall it, then i lost my license for Muvizu + please let me know. Thanks

I had a similar situation, couldn't find my license number as well. I downloaded and installed it anyways (to the same location on my compute) and the license was already activated. I then found the e-mail with the license number on my e-mail site, filed under "spam". I'm sure that Muvizu will have your number on file. You just need them to resend it to you (as long as your e-mail account hasn't changed).
03/03/2015 03:29:45

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I didn't have any trouble at all. I uninstalled the old version, installed to new version in the same place as the old and everything worked great. My license number was already in place. Was I just lucky?
03/03/2015 09:54:49

IanSExperimental userMuvizu staff
IanS
toonman wrote:

If you've still lost your licence, toonman, get it touch and we'll be happy to send you it on again: http://www.muvizu.com/Support
03/03/2015 11:03:31

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
mysto wrote:
My license number was already in place. Was I just lucky?

Not just you, Mysto, the same happened for me. I was all set to paste in my license number, but it was already there.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? Issue with Commercial License