Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Beware of "AntiGravity"

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
22/04/2014 11:56:55

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Dreeko

No need to sigh! I have no intention of being shouty or personal. I was just surprised to see you defending such people.

I understand your viewpoint and totally agree with your view on reality shows.

However, most of us are making animations for fun and are just happy to get a couple of positive comments that give us the lift to do it again.

What does it matter if a young kid making his first animation or (more often) an older man(!) gets a false sense of perspective. It's not doing any harm.

The point is we do not know the person (or their circumstances) behind the username.

There was someone who posted recently about using Muvizu as a way of getting into the animation industry and they were given polite and understanding feedback telling them that this was unrealistic and suggesting alternatives. Surely better than telling them their video is crap and they don't have a chance.

I'm all for positive criticism; it is the best way to learn from your mistakes. But you need to get it from someone qualified to make an opinion. And what we are talking about in this thread does not qualify on either front.
edited by toonarama on 22/04/2014
22/04/2014 11:59:28

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
Sorry Dreeko. This person (antigravity) exists for the sole purpose of trolling.
22/04/2014 13:07:34

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
I wasn't really defending as such, I was just offering another point of view and the shouty and personal comment was in reference to Sovransol's previous methods (I probably should have made that clear, doh!)

Toonarama, You said "The point is we do not know the person (or their circumstances) behind the username.".... Ironically, this was the point I was making.

Trolls don't bother me in the slightest, they are easily dealt with as we have seen.

Also, I don't know what kind of qualifications you need to make positive comments on a video. I have a module gained at college on finger painting is that enough?
22/04/2014 13:18:34

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Dreeko wrote:
Also, I don't know what kind of qualifications you need to make positive comments on a video. I have a module gained at college on finger painting is that enough?

I guess it depends on whether you were painting with your finger or painting your finger.

But the point remains the same. If someone hasn't produced anything decent themselves how can they tell someone else where they are going wrong? I know it is an impossible line to draw but there are a number of Muvizu users (including your good self) who I would be more than happy to receive constructive criticism from.
22/04/2014 13:24:31

Dreeko
Nah, I disagree. eg. You don't have to be a great singer to tell when someone is off tune or to suggest that they might be better off singing a different song more suited to their voice.

I like pizza, but I would pick off the toppings I dont like. I dont need to be a chef to know that for me its better without certain things

etc etc...
22/04/2014 17:44:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
for the record i do not believe this other sirshitlots or whatever is the same person for one thing they are from different countries. Antigravity is most definately him its obvious the comments are the same and the targets are the same. Not to mention the personal gmails and threats a few have gotten. I tend to ignore trolls I get plenty on youtube there are lots. I put him on ignore after I read that someone was getting email threats. I draw the line at personal threats myself before that I had just let his comments be. I could not care less what people say in many cases. I do movie making for fun and considering i am doing it out of my own pocket I feel I do a pretty decent job warts and all. I am not makiing AAA block busters I am trying to express myself artistically. I dont say negative things towards other people's thing because i feel that they have a right to express themselves as well even if they do make nazi pron (and yes I am a jew.. ) unfotunately not everyone thinks the way I do.

When the death threats started then the block went on. The guy is simply jealous pure and simple. Anyhow its over for all I care if i see someone pop up with the same M.O. I will be blocking em otherwise others can troll me all they like just dont start threatening people with bodily harm then you have crossed the line..

I do ascribe to toonarama's philosophy though if you want to tear me apart you better be creating masterpieces 100% of the time. I do not believe in tearing anyone down though its counter productive and usually does more harm then good. I also live in the world of "if you can't say anything nice dont say anything at all". So if there is something i can't say something positive about I dont do anything i just .. say nothing. Its not that hard really to just say good stuff about stuff you think is good and just not comment on the rest. Some people do feel their stuff is pure genius who am i to come in and tell em it is not. /shrug
edited by urbanlamb on 22/04/2014
22/04/2014 19:53:05

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
toonarama wrote:
But the point remains the same. If someone hasn't produced anything decent themselves how can they tell someone else where they are going wrong? I know it is an impossible line to draw but there are a number of Muvizu users (including your good self) who I would be more than happy to receive constructive criticism from.

I think that's a (good but) different point to the main eh, point. Sovransoul is Antigravity (zero doubt, believe me, I checked). Sovransoul shouldn't have posted what he did, he is an idiot. Worse, he is petty enough to come back at people personally, rather than argue his point (like you all are doing) because he's an idiot. This isn't about the validity of critique, but that Sovransoul is an idiot. Everything he does confirms this, so just remember the sign at door to the internet - Don't Feed The Trolls.
22/04/2014 20:06:18

Dreeko
"He's a dick"

Ha ha! Love it Ziggy72!

like me you just can't hide your inner Scotsman.

D
22/04/2014 20:15:13

primaveranz
primaveranz
Dreeko wrote:
"He's a dick"
D

So you can understand why, also as a Scotsman I would rather that you had told me that I was dick for assuming that Sirshitalot was Sovransoul, rather than giving us all the lecture.
22/04/2014 20:42:45

Dreeko
primaveranz wrote:
Dreeko wrote:
"He's a dick"
D

So you can understand why, also as a Scotsman I would rather that you had told me that I was dick for assuming that Sirshitalot was Sovransoul, rather than giving us all the lecture.

Itwisnaealectureyabamitwizarant!
22/04/2014 20:48:16

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
Dreeko wrote:

I assume you have to be Scottish to translate this lol.

I got "It wasn't a lecture sdbgkabvjkbfkjaehrgkaejklbgk!"
22/04/2014 21:04:10

primaveranz
primaveranz
Dreeko wrote:

Fair enough. Mine's is a Deuchars
edited by primaveranz on 22/04/2014
23/04/2014 03:52:00

InsaneHamster
InsaneHamster
If anything else, this has been a very entertaining thread.
Just goes to show you how tight a group Muvizu community is.
To bad he decided that he doesn't like to be part of a community.

Lucky for me I rely on my good looks to get me by and not my animation skills.
I was putting this thru a text to speech program but had to stop cuz I was ready
To shoot myself listening to it.
edited by InsaneHamster on 23/04/2014
23/04/2014 09:50:49

rbeck1993
rbeck1993
MrDrWho13 wrote:
Dreeko wrote:

I assume you have to be Scottish to translate this lol.

I got "It wasn't a lecture sdbgkabvjkbfkjaehrgkaejklbgk!"

"It wasn't a lecture yonder buffoon, it was a rant!"

- RB
23/04/2014 11:08:47

Dreeko
rbeck1993 wrote:
"It wasn't a lecture yonder buffoon, it was a rant!" - RB

Give that man a Gonk!

23/04/2014 18:44:02

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
InsaneHamster wrote:
If anything else, this has been a very entertaining thread.
Just goes to show you how tight a group Muvizu community is.
To bad he decided that he doesn't like to be part of a community.

Lucky for me I rely on my good looks to get me by and not my animation skills.
I was putting this thru a text to speech program but had to stop cuz I was ready
To shoot myself listening to it.
edited by InsaneHamster on 23/04/2014

just imagine the 'dislike' power we could harness if we wanted to 'stoop' anyhow ...

*cough*

so I hate text to speech but since this topic came up I will post this because I actually wanted to give this software a whirl
it seems to work for some things
http://www.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/research/vocaloid/

http://www.vocaloid.com/en/lineup/vocaloid3/

its for music production though I played with it..
it works but it has an issue with tempo if i were richer I would purchase it and do things with it
edited by urbanlamb on 23/04/2014
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Beware of "AntiGravity"