Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Want to collaborate on Muvizu 'Recipe Cards?'

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
26/11/2015 18:10:50

theotherguy
theotherguy
Hi y'all, I've been making my own how-to notes which are a distillation of Muvizu Wiki, Forum answers, and my own discoveries. They are straightforward cut-to-the-chase answers to accessing typical Muvizu features with no "You can also try this using such-and-such." just simple unambiguous procedures, with the occasional careful-don't-do-this (!!).

I'm proposing creating a page that interested parties can upload their 'recipes' or comments, myself or another volunteer would act as moderator, and set up categories.

Below is an example.

Getting Characters to talk
First from the Prepare menu select PREPARE AUDIO – click 'new' and an Audio track 1 (or 2 or 3 etc) appears – Select the file then click the EDIT button and an AUDIO dialogue box pops up, then click IMPORT and select your audio file (.WAV MP3 etc) from where you last put it. The wave file appears in the BOX TIMELINE, (there is a play button to play it if you want) click OK and the box closes.

Second Now you have your audio file(s) in the PREPARE AUDIO box. Open the PREPARE DIALOGUE box, select your CHARACTER then select your LIPSYNC TO audio file. The INITIAL TALKING box with the talk-bubble should be selected (red), then click SWITCH TO DIRECT

Third a TIMELINE pops up and there is your characters name, and below is an audio file. If you click the play icon your character will talk, and the lipsync should work.

NOTE: At the time of this writing you should do ONE character at a time and SAVE after each one so they don't start saying each others lines. It is also not a bad idea to finish the dialogue steps FIRST before doing anything else in your animation.
26/11/2015 18:19:04

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
This is the sort of thing the wiki is built for. You could create a dedicated section for these or modify the current guides. (Although I do wish there was more integration with the main site)

Out of curiosity what is wrong with this existing guide? http://www.muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/80/getting-characters-to-talk
edited by MrDrWho13 on 26/11/2015
26/11/2015 23:13:50

theotherguy
theotherguy
There is nothing wrong with the existing guide, but sometimes you just want a brief at-a-glance explanation like you would with a help file. Muvizu is one of the many programs I use, but it's the only one that doesn't have a built-in help section.
27/11/2015 07:09:37

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
theotherguy wrote:
There is nothing wrong with the existing guide, but sometimes you just want a brief at-a-glance explanation like you would with a help file. Muvizu is one of the many programs I use, but it's the only one that doesn't have a built-in help section.

Fair enough - I'll happily help make concise guides (probably on the wiki). I think Muvizu changes too regularly for there to be a help function built in. (Unless it's an embedded version of the wiki)
edited by MrDrWho13 on 27/11/2015
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Collaboration Requests ? Want to collaborate on Muvizu 'Recipe Cards?'