Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? MUvizu not importing SketchUP model...

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
20/12/2015 13:39:25

roland1963
roland1963
I got an issue for several times with Importing SketchUp models in Muvizu...

I created a cigarette...I created a 256x256 pixels Bitmap file, imported as texture for the cigarette... Everything is in the same folder... I mean the texture file and ase files are in the same folder.

Then when I try to import the model in Muvizu, Muvizu tells me "there was an error importing an object. File not found. C\users\roland\Blabla\HipHop\textures\toto.bpm"

Muvizu is trying to find the wrong texture... My texture is not toto.bmp! Toto.bmp is an older texture!Whaaaaa?

And it does not open the model!

Do you have a ideas how to sort this out?

Thanks on advance

Roland
20/12/2015 14:03:22

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
It always looks for the default texture of Toto.BMP, you could rename your texture or ask one of the more advanced model makers for advice. Ziggy,fazz,urbanlamb, dylly etc.
20/12/2015 14:13:27

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
A default texture needs to exist. I think you can either:-

• Create a 256x256 BMP file of just a plain colour and save it as C\users\roland\Blabla\HipHop\textures\toto.bmp - this should fix it for this model. Or....
  • Create a 256x256 BMP file of just a plain colour and save it as C\UT3\toto.bmp - This is the default location and should fix it for all models.

When you import an ASE created from Sketchup you always have to edit it and replace this default texture with the textures you actually want as the sketchup exported does not export the textures.
The difference between my exporter and the official Muvizu one is that the Muvizu one supports export of collision meshes which you will need to create. My exporter just creates a tiny collision mesh which is fine (and indeed preferable) in 99% of cases. If you need a character to stand on an imported object created with my exporter then just create an invisible ground plane and place it where you want the character.

Hope this helps.
edited by ukBerty on 20/12/2015
20/12/2015 18:16:20

roland1963
roland1963
ukBerty wrote:
A default texture needs to exist. I think you can either:-

• Create a 256x256 BMP file of just a plain colour and save it as C\users\roland\Blabla\HipHop\textures\toto.bmp - this should fix it for this model. Or....
  • Create a 256x256 BMP file of just a plain colour and save it as C\UT3\toto.bmp - This is the default location and should fix it for all models.

When you import an ASE created from Sketchup you always have to edit it and replace this default texture with the textures you actually want as the sketchup exported does not export the textures.
The difference between my exporter and the official Muvizu one is that the Muvizu one supports export of collision meshes which you will need to create. My exporter just creates a tiny collision mesh which is fine (and indeed preferable) in 99% of cases. If you need a character to stand on an imported object created with my exporter then just create an invisible ground plane and place it where you want the character.

Hope this helps.
edited by ukBerty on 20/12/2015

I tried all of these; no result...
20/12/2015 18:39:53

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Roland,

On a slightly different topic... if you are now importing models, I must assume you've either solved the enigma of installing Sketchup's ASE converter, or you downloaded and installed some other package that supports ASE export.

What did you end up doing? Enquiring minds and all that.
edited by PatMarrNC on 20/12/2015
20/12/2015 18:42:32

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
I know nothing of sketchup but I think the question was answered in this thread. All my sketchup knowledge about missing toto.bmp files were acquired from reading the answers of those who use sketchup, but possibly this should be added to the wiki since this is a chronic issue.

Ask me about blender I can blather on for hours or model making in general but I have never used this tool known as skethcup other then to play with it for an hour many many years ago LOL and decided I didnt like it. So that is what I know of sketchup

There is also this in the wiki that fazz wrote awhile back

http://muvizu.com/Wiki/wiki/99/import-objects-ase-objects-with-missing-textures-from-sketchup-file-when-im

edited to sound like i am actually an english speaker :/ (too much french makes me speak really bad english when I write at times..plus i can't spell or type..)
edited by urbanlamb on 20/12/2015
20/12/2015 18:45:47

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
roland1963 wrote:

The ASE file is in plain text format. Are you saying you opened it in Notepad and manually replaced the path and filename from TOTO.BMP with the path and filename to your texture, and MUVIZU still won't find the right texture?
20/12/2015 19:10:16

roland1963
roland1963
PatMarrNC wrote:
Roland,

On a slightly different topic... if you are now importing models, I must assume you've either solved the enigma of installing Sketchup's ASE converter, or you downloaded and installed some other package that supports ASE export.

What did you end up doing? Enquiring minds and all that.
edited by PatMarrNC on 20/12/2015

The link I actually downloaded from a Muvizu thread was not SketchUp but something else when this was indcating this was SketchUP! This is why this was not working!

So I eventually got the real SketchUp 8, with the Exporter plug in, and it works fine, except for exporting texture...
20/12/2015 19:20:51

roland1963
roland1963
PatMarrNC wrote:
roland1963 wrote:

The ASE file is in plain text format. Are you saying you opened it in Notepad and manually replaced the path and filename from TOTO.BMP with the path and file name to your texture, and MUVIZU still won't find the right texture?

Actually,this thing is getting me crazy... 3 hours on it!!! I already not have much hair left but with this one...

If I go back to what I did;

1) created my cigarette in SketchUp (or what looks like it!)
2) Imported a 256x256 pixels texture in SketchUp for my cigarette
3) Add the texture on my cigarette
4) I used other SketchUp textures for the but
5) Exported as Ase file
6) Put all the files (ase, texture as bmp, skp) and the Toto file in the folder UT3 on my Desktop

It does not import in Muvizu...

So what Do I have to do on top of this? Or what did I do wrong?
edited by roland1963 on 20/12/2015
20/12/2015 19:24:24

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
Can you import files from the gallery? try a freebie just download it and try.

If that works just take their models out and stuff yours in all of it all the bits and pieces.
20/12/2015 19:41:02

MrDrWho13
urbanlamb wrote:
Can you import files from the gallery?

It's the store now urban.
http://www.muvizu.com/Store
20/12/2015 19:56:56

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
store gallery whatevers lol I know fazz uses sketchup and ziggy I think has some sketchup stuff just download an object made in sketchup and if that installs just use that file and put your stuff in there.

if it doesn't install then its something scrambled on your pc uninstall muvizu and sketchup do a registry cleanup using a registry cleaner I use the one from piriform its free and it works. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER (reboot after cleaning the registry)

Then put all the stuff back onto your disk and try try again.

If that doesn't work.. I would blame muvizu if you can't import anything in the gallery and then.. you can report a bug
20/12/2015 19:59:32

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
urbanlamb wrote:

If that works just take their models out and stuff yours in all of it all the bits and pieces.

sounds like a plan to me

any of my old models always have the toto.bmp file included in the model folder.
20/12/2015 20:30:15

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
roland1963 wrote:
PatMarrNC wrote:
roland1963 wrote:

The ASE file is in plain text format. Are you saying you opened it in Notepad and manually replaced the path and filename from TOTO.BMP with the path and file name to your texture, and MUVIZU still won't find the right texture?

Actually,this thing is getting me crazy... 3 hours on it!!! I already not have much hair left but with this one...

If I go back to what I did;

1) created my cigarette in SketchUp (or what looks like it!)
2) Imported a 256x256 pixels texture in SketchUp for my cigarette
3) Add the texture on my cigarette
4) I used other SketchUp textures for the but
5) Exported as Ase file
6) Put all the files (ase, texture as bmp, skp) and the Toto file in the folder UT3 on my Desktop

It does not import in Muvizu...

So what Do I have to do on top of this? Or what did I do wrong?
edited by roland1963 on 20/12/2015

I think the only thing you're doing wrong is expecting Muvizu's importer to work automatically Unless the path to each texture is explicitly defined in the ASE file you have to manually load each texture into each slot within Muvizu.

Here's what I mean - here's the start of an ASE I have (also a ciggy I am currently using) :

*MATERIAL_COUNT 1
*MATERIAL 0 {
*MATERIAL_NAME "HSKP2UNR_Tex"
*MATERIAL_CLASS "Multi/Sub-Object"
*NUMSUBMTLS 3
*SUBMATERIAL 0 {
*MATERIAL_NAME "Material2"
*MATERIAL_CLASS "Standard"
*MAP_DIFFUSE {
*MAP_CLASS "Bitmap"
*BITMAP "C:\ut3\toto.bmp"

The Bitmap location for each material is the default TOTO file, to keep Muvizu happy, so my cigarette starts off as all one colour. I load each texture into each slot. If I wanted Muvizu to load each texture for me, I'd have the change the default BITMAP path to something else, like D:\my stuff\models\ciggy\filter.jpg, or something similar. Hope that helps.
20/12/2015 20:56:59

roland1963
roland1963
urbanlamb wrote:
store gallery whatevers lol I know fazz uses sketchup and ziggy I think has some sketchup stuff just download an object made in sketchup and if that installs just use that file and put your stuff in there.

if it doesn't install then its something scrambled on your pc uninstall muvizu and sketchup do a registry cleanup using a registry cleaner I use the one from piriform its free and it works. https://www.piriform.com/CCLEANER (reboot after cleaning the registry)

If that doesn't work.. I would blame Muvizu if you can't import anything in the gallery and then.. you can report a bug

But how can I know what I am downloading is made in SketchUP... I can download 100 things and they will never be made in Sketchup?
20/12/2015 20:58:55

roland1963
roland1963
urbanlamb wrote:

Of course, I imported sets from the store and they all open but Muvizu will not import my SketchUp when there is a texture... it imports them when there is not texture but when there is one; no...
20/12/2015 21:14:13

MrDrWho13
roland1963 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

If that doesn't work.. I would blame Muvizu if you can't import anything in the gallery and then.. you can report a bug

But how can I know what I am downloading is made in SketchUP... I can download 100 things and they will never be made in Sketchup?

They don't have to be made in sketchup, they just need to be an object in a .ase format. (There's a 90% chance they're from sketchup anyway)
20/12/2015 21:24:15

fazz68
fazz68
(Account inactive)
so what is happening?
no textures on imported models? which exporter are you using? the muvizu one or the ukberty low collision one?
20/12/2015 21:35:27

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
roland1963 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

Of course, I imported sets from the store and they all open but Muvizu will not import my SketchUp when there is a texture... it imports them when there is not texture but when there is one; no...

Yes are they made in sketchup? there are some actual sketchup made models you need to try those not sets just models. At one point we could upload models that is what you need to try. Go to fazz's account and download a couple of his models and try those as he has confirmed they are all made in sketchup. This will determine if this is a sketchup issue or a muvizu issue or a pc issue.

http://muvizu.com/Profile/fazz68/Creations/?mediaType=25

try some of the older ones as he said they all contain the toto.bmp file.

here this one looks like it was one of his first ones

http://muvizu.com/3D/29902/reel-to-reel-tape-player
20/12/2015 21:38:06

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
MrDrWho13 wrote:
roland1963 wrote:
urbanlamb wrote:

They don't have to be made in sketchup, they just need to be an object in a .ase format. (There's a 90% chance they're from sketchup anyway)

his error is specific to sketchup not all files require a toto.bmp and he is saying that this is what his error was at least that was what he started with.

roland1963 wrote:

Then when I try to import the model in Muvizu, Muvizu tells me "there was an error importing an object. File not found. C\users\roland\Blabla\HipHop\textures\toto.bpm"

This is peculiar to sketchup and has nothing to do with ASE models at all.

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? MUvizu not importing SketchUP model...