Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Set keyframes before animating them

the topic is closed
26/03/2016 03:03:40

braj
braj
Today I was animating a dragon flapping its wings and I found it much easier and more consistent to set a keyframe for each place I wanted an action, then go in and move the parts at the appropriate time afterwards, this way I was able to cut the amount of adjusting each frame to a minimum, and got more consistent results. I won't let myself forget this one, it was very handy.
30/03/2016 03:30:26

theotherguy
theotherguy
Are you using new content you made yourself? I'm always wanting my characters to move a certain way, i.e. slowly turn around and point, would it help with that?
30/03/2016 04:14:36

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
theotherguy wrote:
Are you using new content you made yourself? I'm always wanting my characters to move a certain way, i.e. slowly turn around and point, would it help with that?

the standard Muvizu character movements can't be keyframed. Just about everything else can, however.

I think all of the current dialogs here (in which people are animating with keyframes ) involve static characters that they've created or downloaded from the web, broken into animatable pieces, then painstakingly keyframed the individual pieces to get the animation they want.

Although you can't keyframe the Muvizu characters outright, what you CAN do is model your own arm with a pointing finger at the end, and keyframe it. If you use closeups of the arm or position the character so its own arm is hidden, you can make some convincing moves.

That's basically how Clayster made his Luke Skywalker raise binoculars to his face. That move isn't supported by Muvizu's standard movements, so he framed the scene so that Lukes arms weren't shown, and keyframed a free floating set of binoculars (with attached modelled hand) and used keyframes to move into position. Pretty slick!

You could use something along those lines for your pointing

(But... isn't pointing one of the standard moves built into the characters?)
edited by PatMarrNC on 30/03/2016
31/03/2016 14:32:54

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
PatMarrNC wrote:
theotherguy wrote:

the standard Muvizu character movements can't be keyframed. Just about everything else can, however.

I think all of the current dialogs here (in which people are animating with keyframes ) involve static characters that they've created or downloaded from the web, broken into animatable pieces, then painstakingly keyframed the individual pieces to get the animation they want.

Although you can't keyframe the Muvizu characters outright, what you CAN do is model your own arm with a pointing finger at the end, and keyframe it. If you use closeups of the arm or position the character so its own arm is hidden, you can make some convincing moves.

That's basically how Clayster made his Luke Skywalker raise binoculars to his face. That move isn't supported by Muvizu's standard movements, so he framed the scene so that Lukes arms weren't shown, and keyframed a free floating set of binoculars (with attached modelled hand) and used keyframes to move into position. Pretty slick!

You could use something along those lines for your pointing
(But... isn't pointing one of the standard moves built into the characters?)
edited by PatMarrNC on 30/03/2016

Yep thats how I did it, keyframe is a really great add on, but sometimes considering how many parts you use for your models could be time consuming to animate, but I have work around for that to, but still its taking me a long time to do the at at animation on my next star wars spoof, so I have to take breaks to work on other videos, I will show off my animation work around in my upcoming finger pistols are dangerous video so yaw can see how Im animating the animals
31/03/2016 15:20:16

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
I will show off my animation work around in my upcoming finger pistols are dangerous video so yaw can see how Im animating the animals

looking forward to seeing that, Clayster!
the topic is closed

Home ? Tips & Tricks ? Set keyframes before animating them