Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? BAIL SKIPPER ... new collaboration video

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
03/06/2016 22:00:08

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Here's a link to my latest collaboration... this one is with a retired music pro who lives in Texas. He wrote and performed the song, which is a spoof modelled loosely on the Beatles' DAY TRIPPER:

=======================================================
***LINK DELETED**** audio clipped , and I didn't notice.... will re-post after it's been fixed
=======================================================
new link:

He sings the lyrics in character, so it has a very pronounced Texas accent which might be hard for some to understand, so I'm including the lyrics and dialog below:

Not many people know , I once was a desperate criminal on the run.... yeah I was arrested and sent to jail... for JAYWALKIN'... drunk and naked in front of the police station... in rush hour.

Pullin' a wagon with a keg o' Jack Black in the back... my pony dressed like Madonna.... yeah, true story....

Got no good reason.... Don't know how I got in here
Ain't drunk still in season? If so give me another beer!

(chorus)---------------------------------------------------------------
I ain't no bail skipper! So call me a bondsman, dear!
It took me so long to get this drunk.... and I'm real drunk...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Drunk ain't no reason... The judge won't a-lower my bail
I said that's treason.... for puttin' me under the jail....

(chorus)

Take care of my pony... watch out for that keg of Jack Black
Pay alimony.... if its still there when I get back

(chorus)

Dang, I'll never get that banjo ending right...

then the outtake pays homage to a famous Beatles quote...

I'd like to thank you on behalf of the group, and I hope we passed the audition..."

edited by PatMarrNC on 03/06/2016
edited by PatMarrNC on 04/06/2016
03/06/2016 22:38:04

Rocque
Rocque
Ha Ha, and applause. That was a mighty fine video ya made there. I was a hootin and hollerin with the crowd, too. I liked the time passing by scenes to go with the lyrics, and showed the transitions of the main character. You did a great job on this one. I enjoyed the banjo playing, and the ending, too. Especially the very last part was clever. Music videos are really fun to make. You had the timing down perfectly for all the scenes. This is another great contribution that shows what can be done with Muvizu.
03/06/2016 23:22:23

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Thanks Rocque! your kindness is appreciated!
I'm a learner, and each video gets a little better... but it's all still very rudimentary built-in stuff.

This is the stage where a little encouragement can help people avoid giving up, so I take note of yours.
04/06/2016 02:31:11

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
HA...HA....Ha....man I cant stop Laughing, this is really good buddy, I love every minute, I to love the time passing when he was getting drunk, you know I was thinking maybe we could do a scene in finger pistols are Dangerous, and have an all banjo band singing some goofy song, I do have a saloon scene and I think that would be really funny if a band was playing in the background, but its just an idea, no worries if dosen't happen, anyways you do great stuff with muvizu to, so just keep em coming !!
04/06/2016 03:48:38

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
clayster2012 wrote:
HA...HA....Ha....man I cant stop Laughing, this is really good buddy, I love every minute, I to love the time passing when he was getting drunk,

ah, Clayster! Your words are like medicine to my soul! Thanks for your encouragement! I do appreciate it!

you know I was thinking maybe we could do a scene in finger pistols are Dangerous, and have an all banjo band singing some goofy song, I do have a saloon scene and I think that would be really funny if a band was playing in the background, but its just an idea, no worries if dosen't happen

yeah, you need a finger pistols version of the cantina band from Star Wars... they could be playing a bluegrass version of your Finger Pistols theme in the background every time anybody enters the saloon, sort of a running gag.

I would like to do it, but I only have time for the music part right now... you'd have to animate it. If you're up for some keyframe challenge, I could make it a tex-mex version with guitar, banjo, accordion and trumpet (you'd have to keyframe the last 2)

, anyways you do great stuff with muvizu to, so just keep em coming !!

I have live music priorities for the rest of the summer, that was probably my last Muvizu project until September... thanks again for your kind and encouraging words, Clayster! But I'll still be on the forming watching for your new episodes!
04/06/2016 04:38:04

clayster2012Muvizu mogul
clayster2012
Thanks friend, it would be nice to have some more of your work in one of my episodes, but i understand if your time is taken with other things you love to do, and I don't want to take that from you, so its ok, besides I have theme song thanks to you and that should be enough, but even if you did I would do all the key framing I need to do to work your music in.

Clayster.
edited by clayster2012 on 04/06/2016
04/06/2016 04:48:18

Rocque
Rocque
PatMarrNC wrote:
Thanks Rocque! your kindness is appreciated!
I'm a learner, and each video gets a little better... but it's all still very rudimentary built-in stuff.

This is the stage where a little encouragement can help people avoid giving up, so I take note of yours.

I understand how it is very easy in the early stage to just want to throw your hands up and say, this is way too much to learn. I struggle with that right now, too. I have started a few and then said, nope. I can't seem to get past the making the set phase. Sooner or later I will finish another one. Maybe once I have some time off. I have lots of ideas, but it is just making a time commitment that is stopping me.

So with that being said, keep animating because I get encouraged by all I am seeing! Plus your comments in the forums help me learn what to do when I see what others are doing and am completely clueless. Well this is your topic so enough of me. Once again, I look forward to your next project.
04/06/2016 15:29:27

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Good horse - or is that a whorse? Anyway, fun vid (although it took me a minute to get the name joke - Hugh Jiddyut?... doh!). Two observations for ya - there's already a pretty good bar set built in to Muvizu you could have used, and Hugh's hat clips through the bars from 1:27 on, but other than that I think you passed the audition Big Grin
05/06/2016 15:25:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
ziggy72 wrote:
Good horse - or is that a whorse?

LOL.. DEFINITELY a WHORSE!

Anyway, fun vid (although it took me a minute to get the name joke - Hugh Jiddyut?... doh!). Two observations for ya - there's already a pretty good bar set built in to Muvizu you could have used,

that bar was based on one I downloaded...may have even been the one you're referring to. So far all of my videos have used other peoples' sets, but I was inspired by all the work you've done on your own sets, so this was an effort on my part to introduce some change.

Maybe my system is under powered, but I find that the best downloaded sets have so much detail that I have to remove all but the most essential parts for my script. You mentioned in an email that it;s better to build a PLACE than a SET... but I don't think I could navigate worlds as large as the ones you use. What kind of horsepower does your computer have, anyway?

and Hugh's hat clips through the bars from 1:27 on

thanks... its funny how I can spend weeks on a project, focused on other things the whole time, then as soon as it's posted I start seeing the clipped hat and the floating fire hydrant, and the crooked bar stools and.... I'll probably fix that when I get home from vacation... but I find myself wondering how much trouble I should go to for 100 views. There must be a point of diminishing returns there somewhere.

but other than that I think you passed the audition Big Grin

Thanks! I respect your opinion and I know your standards prohibit the use of inflated reviews, so I appreciate the positive feedback!
05/06/2016 15:32:01

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
PatMarrNC wrote:
Maybe my system is under powered, but I find that the best downloaded sets have so much detail that I have to remove all but the most essential parts for my script. You mentioned in an email that it;s better to build a PLACE than a SET... but I don't think I could navigate worlds as large as the ones you use. What kind of horsepower does your computer have, anyway?

Never enough It's an old i5 water cooled and clocked to 4.1Ghz, combined with 16gb RAM and a rather nice GTX 970, which is what allows me to make the sets the way I want.
05/06/2016 20:40:27

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
as expected, you have more horsepower than I do. It makes a difference.
07/06/2016 21:06:04

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
Nice one Pat! I liked the song, it served your video well, and the naked drunk guy made me laugh.

Keep em coming Pat

art
08/06/2016 15:12:55

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
artpen wrote:
Nice one Pat! I liked the song, it served your video well, and the naked drunk guy made me laugh.

Keep em coming Pat

art

Thanks Art! I appreciate the encouragement from somebody whose videos I hold in high esteem! I look forward to seeing more from you!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? BAIL SKIPPER ... new collaboration video