Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Running on the spot

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
21/06/2016 21:05:25

primaveranz
primaveranz
How do you get the actor to do this for more than a second or so. If I tick the "move on the spot" box, Record movement and drag the arrow along the stage the actor stops running after a couple of steps, no matter how far I drag it. If I let go of the arrow it shoots back to the spot.
21/06/2016 22:04:22

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
With the running motion you have to drag the direction arrow further away (initially) from the character to maintain the run (I guess it covers more virtual ground when running as opposed to walking).
edited by ziggy72 on 21/06/2016
22/06/2016 00:05:02

primaveranz
primaveranz
ziggy72 wrote:
With the running motion you have to drag the direction arrow further away (initially) from the character to maintain the run (I guess it covers more virtual ground when running as opposed to walking).
edited by ziggy72 on 21/06/2016

I've tried pressing record, dragging the arrow as far away as possible and letting go, and the arrow shoots back to the start (but the character has stopped running by then).

I have also tried pressing record, dragging the arrow as far away as possible and holding it there, but the actor only takes a few steps then stops and may (or may not) repeat that before stopping again.

I can't get him to keep running. Of course maybe that is why he is "Fat Guy"
22/06/2016 00:46:16

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Sounds like maybe the polling rate on your mouse isn't high enough to be picked up, for some reason. Is it a gaming mouse? You can always up the sensitivity and see if that helps. Holding down the left mouse button after dragging the arrow is how it works, and it works on my current version 1.7 for me, so... dunno
22/06/2016 02:43:42

primaveranz
primaveranz
It's just a bog standard wireless mouse.
However I tried it on another (less powerful) PC and although the actor stops running for a second he starts again and continues as long as I hold down the left mouse key.
So it is appears just another "one of those things" in the world of Muvizu.....
22/06/2016 06:33:09

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
You can also use the run on spot action instead of character movement.
22/06/2016 07:03:44

primaveranz
primaveranz
ikes wrote:

That's a good option especially as it cuts out the exaggerated starting action you get with the movement.

Thanks for the tip!
24/06/2016 12:45:25

Machiya
Machiya
ikes wrote:

...a bit more info, pls. It's not like there is a root-bone you can move. Would be great for the occasional fine movement ;0)
or I have missed something .
24/06/2016 13:33:51

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Machiya wrote:
ikes wrote:

...a bit more info, pls. It's not like there is a root-bone you can move. Would be great for the occasional fine movement ;0)
or I have missed something .

Hi Machiya,

I'm not sure what your goal is. The action "Run on the Spot" does just that, run in the place where he stands, without moving anywhere. This is typecally used if you have a moving background and you want the actor to run/walk in front of the camera. If you want a character to move in your scene, you can only use direct character movement by walking or running.

Hope this makes it more clear.

Ikes
24/06/2016 18:43:56

Machiya
Machiya
Thank you, that makes sense.
24/06/2016 22:02:31

primaveranz
primaveranz
I'm confused ikes. Why am I getting notification emails telling me that you are Muvizu staff member Jamie?

Do I get a prize? Cool
24/06/2016 22:05:23

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
primaveranz wrote:
I'm confused ikes. Why am I getting notification emails telling me that you are Muvizu staff member Jamie?

Do I get a prize? Cool

Yeah they used to have the problem where some new users were called "Ian". Now it seems Jamie is the target.
25/06/2016 03:39:59

Rocque
Rocque
primaveranz wrote:

Do I get a prize? Cool

You get a lot of people sending you emails about what is wrong with their Muvizu, and if you are lucky you might get a pay check.
30/06/2016 10:53:27

MrDrWho13
I just got this email again.
30/06/2016 17:50:20

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
MrDrWho13 wrote:
I just got this email again.

I've never gotten an email saying that Ikes was Jamie, but I have gotten similar emails about other people. I assumed it was because Jamie had to make an administrative change to the thread for some reason. But that's a boring explanation.

Just for the fun of it, let's concoct a full-blown conspiracy theory based on the scant evidence at our disposal.

<conspiracy>
Maybe Jamie has multiple personality disorder. Maybe one of his personalities works for Muvizu, but an array of other personalities have forum accounts. This would explain why Ike has so much insider information that nobody else knows.

Maybe the server at Muvizu has become self-aware, to the point that it has developed a sense of right and wrong, and it disagrees with the multiple logins, so it is trying to raise public awareness by notifying people by email whenever Ike/Jamie crosses some line that is unconscionable to self-aware networks.
</conspiracy>

It's just a start, but I bet as a team we could flesh it out and turn it into a full-blown script.

Or at the very least, make Jamie mad at all of us. ;-)
30/06/2016 20:05:22

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
Sh*t, there go's my cover

Haha, I wish I worked for muvizu...but I'm affraid I have no knowledge of making such an awesome tool.
I have no idea though why you get emails from me as being Jamie. What kind of emails are you talking about? Could you post an example?
30/06/2016 20:06:12

MrDrWho13
ikes wrote:
Sh*t, there go's my cover

Haha, I wish I worked for muvizu...but I'm affraid I have no knowledge of making such an awesome tool.
I have no idea though why you get emails from me as being Jamie. What kind of emails are you talking about? Could you post an example?

A Muvizu forum thread that you're subscribed to has been updated:

Thread: Running on the spot
Updated by: Jamie

Jamie wrote:

"Thank you, that makes sense."

To view the thread, visit:
http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5758-running-on-the-spot.aspx?lastpage=1#post31133
30/06/2016 20:11:25

ikesMuvizu mogul
ikes
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Jamie wrote:

http://www.muvizu.com/Forum/topic5758-running-on-the-spot.aspx?lastpage=1#post31133

But, this means that Jamie is Machiya, because that was not my post. The conspiracy widens...
30/06/2016 20:13:10

MrDrWho13
ikes wrote:
MrDrWho13 wrote:

Jamie wrote:

But, this means that Jamie is Machiya, because that was not my post. The conspiracy widens...

Oops yeah good point. They used to have a bug where new users were called "IanS" but I haven't seen them in a while.
30/06/2016 21:02:48

Machiya
Machiya
i am definitely Machiya .... yeap 100%. But am I....
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Running on the spot