Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? CHRISTMAS CONTEST 2016

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
15/12/2016 21:19:17

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Ha! Its not easy to use a short time period and make a point that works as well as that one does! I love it!

Your inner manager did a great job of delegating all the right tasks to others so you could actualize the idea!

"Direct... don't animate!"
15/12/2016 22:51:30

fman00
fman00
PatMarrNC wrote:
Ha! Its not easy to use a short time period and make a point that works as well as that one does! I love it!

Your inner manager did a great job of delegating all the right tasks to others so you could actualize the idea!

"Direct... don't animate!"

Thanks Pat.
Don't like the idea of having an inner manager though.
18/12/2016 16:22:27

Rocque
Rocque
Tony and fman00 thanks for sharing your entries. Now I want to make something that I might actually finish by Jan. 1. If not, there is always next year.

Both of your animations were enjoyable to watch with surprise endings. I liked them.
18/12/2016 20:35:29

35litretheatre
35litretheatre
Tony, great piece of topical humour. Beautiful intro, and I thought the driving licence was clever. Also liked the use of sound effects for the policeman's footsteps.
18/12/2016 20:41:17

35litretheatre
35litretheatre
fman, yep, that'll be me some time between now and Sunday :O Great use of music. Good job
19/12/2016 17:01:02

Anticip
Anticip
I'll contribute ! Sorry for the delay I am rushing it to be done by Thursday 22 ! But this project got quite out of hand as you'll soon get to understand why

I'm doing this as a surprise for three of my colleagues, tweaking it a bit so it fits the Muvizu contest.

Here are is a quick sneakpeak I made for them so you guys can have a look, see ya on thursday !

22/12/2016 15:29:42

Anticip
Anticip
As promised ! https://www.muvizu.com/Forum/messages.aspx?TopicID=6112&MessageID=34669#post34669
22/12/2016 17:40:54

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Very cool, Anticip! I like the premise, and I especially like the classical music in the background.

You probably aren't the first person to "go there" regarding the bathroom and bedroom scenes, but its the first I've ever seen. You should probably include a disclaimer that says : "WARNING: contains scenes that can't be un-seen!"
(Who knows how long it will be before I lose the mental image of Beefy sitting on the toilet. )

You used a number of interesting techniques here, for example the thrown axes. And I'm guessing you made a lot of the models, like the swords Beefy used to dispatch the terrorist...?

I liked the reindeer and sleigh.. haven't seen that in the store, so I'm guessing you figured out a way to get that into Muvizu too! Looks like you overcame a lot of obstacles and learning curve to make this video!

Tell us a little more about how this idea developed... sounds like it was a collaboration?
edited by PatMarrNC on 22/12/2016
05/01/2017 09:29:21

Anticip
Anticip
Hey Pat thanks for the feedback ! Sorry for the late reply I left for holiday right after posting and only came back now.

Regarding the idea I'm working in a security firm, I was having coffee with three of my colleagues wondering how we could wish a happy new year to our clients. And somehow we wandered very far into a world of crazy where we imagined a terrorist disguised as Santa Claus, naming the poor guy "Abou Al-Papa Noel (in French)". I can't say for sure who first had that idea (we are french working in a security company, so terrorism was kind of our bread and butter in 2016). But that video was a tribute to that crazy coffee time.

I had to imports tons of assets indeed.

What I thought might be a first was the part (which would still need some fine tuning) where Abou Al Santa is on his sleigh without both his legs trying to escape with irons in his hands which was a stupid reference to an old Lucky-Luke comic (I'll try to find the ref). Still a lot of obstacles to overcome but thanks to you guys I'm making progress.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Competitions, Events & News ? CHRISTMAS CONTEST 2016