Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? If your computer has multiple graphic cards

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/12/2016 06:07:30

mjluser2
mjluser2
When I first downloaded Muvizu, it was taking 30+ minutes to boot. It would work after it came up, but somewhat roughly.

The problem was the presence of multiple graphic cards on my pc that run the laptop's screen and two external monitors. Muvizu was loading into the Intel graphics card in the laptop, which is supposed to be responsible only for the laptop screen.

I opened the control panel for the NVIDIA graphics card and looked for Muvizu in the list of programs under the tab for assigning programs to the card. Muvizu was not in the list, but the Add button brought it into the list by browsing. I assigned Muvizu to that card and have been so very pleased with Muvizu's performance.

If your computer has multiple graphic cards, you might want to check whether Muvizu is running on the card that would give you the best performance.
17/12/2016 17:27:20

theotherguy
theotherguy
I haven't even tried to run Muvizu on a laptop, even one with Nvidia graphics would be incredibly slow to render anything. Any reasonably speedy desktop with a Nvidia GTX 750 Ti or faster is the way to go, unless you are extremely patient.
17/12/2016 19:31:23

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I run Muvizu on my laptop and it runs just as good if not better than my desktop. I had my laptop custom built and it's well able to handle any graphic intensive program.

It has an NVIDIA Geforce 880m graphics card with 8 gigs of v-ram, An Intel core-i7-4910mq cpu and 32 gigs of system ram . Runs and renders Muvizu as well as all my other graphics software VERY fast.
18/12/2016 03:20:13

mjluser2
mjluser2
My laptop is older so it only has 16G of RAM with an i7, but it also was custom built. The NVIDIA Quadro K2000M card has 2G of dedicated memory. I do not have a benchmark for rendering, so I cannot compare it to other computers. But if it is a little slow on rendering, I just go get a cup of tea and occupy myself with other things. :-)
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Tech Help ? If your computer has multiple graphic cards