Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Newbie....

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
23/08/2011 22:57:29

yankiankit1
yankiankit1
Hi everybody,
I registered yesterday, and I am having an awesome experience with Muvizu.
Now I want to animate a suspense/thriller story which I wrote some days ago.
I have already shot it's first scene but for my story to continue it requires conversation inside the car, some scenes with gun/pistol and firing from gun/pistol.
I just want to ask can I do those things ? If yes then how?
edited by yankiankit1 on 23/08/2011
24/08/2011 10:58:23

Marco_D
Marco_D
Hi yankiankit1,

Welcome to Muvizu.

Unfortunately our characters cannot hold weapons or objects.
Holding objects is something that our team is thinking about, but as for weapons there are no plans to add that feature.

To record a scene inside a car I can suggest having a look into the models on Google Warehouse.
Something like this: http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/details?mid=bfa90970d2635c8cac00fd1150223027&prevstart=0.
Then use the backdrops and the camera field of view to make it more tidy.

We have a lot of pre-made objects in Muvizu and it's very hard to cover all the needs of our users. However, Muvizu does allow you to import 3D objects. Please have a look to out tutorial videos for more information.

Once again, welcome to Muvizu and I hope you have fun using it. Please let us know how you are doing.
Looking forward to see some of your work.

Cheers,
Marco
edited by Marco_D on 24/08/2011
25/08/2011 16:17:43

Wizaerd
Wizaerd
Marco_D wrote:
Hi yankiankit1,

Welcome to Muvizu.

Unfortunately our characters cannot hold weapons or objects.
Holding objects is something that our team is thinking about, but as for weapons there are no plans to add that feature.

How would you amke that determination. How will you differentiate the character is holding an apple v.s. holding a gun? Holding a fork v.s. holding a knife? Holding a spear v.s. holding a rake?

I'm sorry, if the character is going to be allowed to hold objects (and they really, really, really should be able too) then they should be able to hold any and all objects. And if characters cannot hold or interact with objects (props), it is severely limiting in the movie making process.
25/08/2011 17:05:12

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
I would hazard a guess that Marco's reply meant that they are toying with giving characters built in props to use as attachments, similar to how the musical instruments work, but none of the props they are looking at now are weapons.
25/08/2011 17:09:41

claireqMuvizu staff
claireq
We are looking at characters interacting with objects but none will be weapons as a lot of young children also use the program.
edited by claireq on 25/08/2011
edited by claireq on 26/08/2011
25/08/2011 18:28:34

RightURKen
RightURKen
claireq wrote:
We are looking at characters interacting with objects but none will be weapons for censorship reasons as a lot of young children also use the program.

This is silly and completely unnecessary. Weapons/guns have always been part of cartoons. Elmer Fudd and Yosemite Sam always had a gun in their hand as did other Looney Tunes charaters and Looney Tunes are now Classics of animation loved by children and their parents thru out the world.

Don't censor the users of Muvizu. Give us choices and let us decide.
25/08/2011 18:36:54

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
At least give us pillows Pillow Fight
25/08/2011 19:43:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
No...guns...?!? Whaaaaa? Seriously?! Because children use the program? A program that already contains a complete set of fighting moves, tanks, planes, bombs, zombie bits and a prop of AN AXE THROUGH SOMEONE'S HEAD but we can't have guns because, what, children might start remaking Reservior Dogs?!? Children, particularly boys, absolutely LOVE guns or have you not noticed?! Please Please reconsider your position - restrict them to over 18's if you have to, but don't exclude a critical part of story telling completely.
25/08/2011 21:05:04

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
ziggy72 wrote:
No...guns...?!? Whaaaaa? Seriously?! Because children use the program? A program that already contains a complete set of fighting moves, tanks, planes, bombs, zombie bits and a prop of AN AXE THROUGH SOMEONE'S HEAD but we can't have guns because, what, children might start remaking Reservior Dogs?!? Children, particularly boys, absolutely LOVE guns or have you not noticed?! Please Please reconsider your position - restrict them to over 18's if you have to, but don't exclude a critical part of story telling completely.

It does seem a strange stance to take with gun animations already in place for such movies

eg. machine gun, shot by machine gun, gun death, gun quick draw, two gun death, two gun quick draw
and electric shock, which as it's in the seated position I can only assume it's designed with an electric chair prop in mind.

If gun props cannot be included within the program but are obviously considered a must have by so many could they not be available to download as some kind of expansion pack. where the user would have to confirm that they are of a suitable age to do so.

cheers
D
25/08/2011 21:27:15

artpen
Dear Muvizu, you are on the Cusp of something great.

I love kids. I have kids. My kids have guns, toy guns, lazer guns. Whips. Light sword
My son will eventually want to play with Muvizu.
My son will, Want to make STAR WARS Movies......

Please make my life easier for my son to shoot storm troopers.
Please make my and all the communities precious hours easier by letting us tell our
Stories with a inflatable Bat to teach those naughty bad guys a lesson.

If not, give us the animations, give us the ability to stop breathing so we can do it
Ourselves.

We are a good bunch, honest...

Muvizu, think about this, the quality of movies that are popping out from your
Free program is fantastic, and it's only going to get better.
Moviestorm, has taken the chance with their After dark animations and have
slapped an 18 cert on it..... sorted
Ok, to me moviestorm isn't for me yet. I like the feel of muvizu, and why should
Muvizu be restricted for kids?
please don't take the PC route, because all of the Top stuff has been made by
GROWN UPS............

Peace.......
edited by artpen on 26/08/2011
25/08/2011 21:30:39

Dreeko
What He Said .....Although many would say that we still have a lot of growing up to do!
edited by Dreeko on 25/08/2011
25/08/2011 21:48:55

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
Please just give the characters the ability to hold stuff. Put every restriction under the sun you want for whatever reason you want. If they can hold nothing more than feather dusters and coffee cups I'll be happy. Maybe the occassional can of pop.

Any step forward is a good step in my book.
25/08/2011 22:38:17

Dreeko
Danimal wrote:

Any step forward is a good step in my book.

unless it's off a cliff
25/08/2011 22:41:30

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Can I just apologise to yankiankit1 on behalf of all of us since, we've sort of hijacked your thread - the whole gun use thing is a sore point with some of us (non children) users and you've started us off again!
edited by ziggy72 on 25/08/2011
25/08/2011 23:07:23

penman
penman
what if you gave us the guns and then allowed that if we use the gun in our movie that it will be 18+ age restricted?
sound fair?
what i mean is ... if we put the gun in the movie we make then you will automaticly make the movie 18+ age restricted to watch!
sound fair?
edited by penman on 25/08/2011
25/08/2011 23:23:32

tomas
tomas
claireq wrote:
We are looking at characters interacting with objects but none will be weapons for censorship reasons as a lot of young children also use the program.

What happens if you use after effects and trackiing to process the image and replace the guitar with a machine gun. Currently working on an animation using the tutorial at http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/demon_face_warp/ to face warp a muvizu character there are loads of free after effects tutorials on this amazing site. Nearly as inspirational as Muvizu.
26/08/2011 10:28:10

Marco_D
Marco_D
Danimal wrote:
I would hazard a guess that Marco's reply meant that they are toying with giving characters built in props to use as attachments, similar to how the musical instruments work, but none of the props they are looking at now are weapons.

Almost Dan We might get that feature in the future, no promises though.
edited by Marco_D on 26/08/2011
26/08/2011 11:32:17

pyrrho
pyrrho
If I may step in here, I’d like to point out that we don’t have a censorship policy on assets. The Muvizu staff member who stated, wrongly, that we have such a policy on guns may well be taken outside and shot. We have tanks, lots of military assets, a bomb-belt - and as someone pointed out in this thread you can have a zombie with an axe embedded in his swede – so any such assertions about censorship are clearly baseless; probably just the Irn-Bru talking.

The ability for characters to pick up and hold props, whatever they may be, is a Holy Grail for us. We discuss this a great deal and know that one day we’ll come up with an elegant solution, one flexible enough to accommodate as many uses as possible.

In the meantime, as you know, we’ve experimented with sockets for musical instruments and microphones – with some measure of success – because we thought that that was the best place to start, and musical animations and props have proved popular.

We’ve also been trying to open up the program more and more for people to load their own assets, so comments about being able to stop a character breathing to allow convincing workarounds with placements of unattached props are definitely on the right track.

Now, is there any chance that we could all play nicely for a bit?

vince (Muvizu MD)
26/08/2011 11:52:33

Dreeko
pyrrho wrote:

Now, is there any chance that we could all play nicely for a bit?

vince (Muvizu MD)

Eek!, Of course we will. Just don't shoot the mistaken Irn bru drinker please..Gun

Note to everyone else:
Back away from this thread. Nothing to see here... Move along!Whaaaaa?

26/08/2011 11:57:02

artpen
Yeah!!!!! My Texas chainsaw massacre remake is back on track!!!!

Only kidding, thanks Vince for putting us straight...

Cheers, art
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Newbie....