Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Gun_in_Hand

pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed
07/01/2012 02:34:18

budunha
budunha
Hello everyone

How do I put a gun in the hand of a character? and how the effect of bullets coming out?
Has a gun in the holster, but i can not use. Does anyone know how to put a gun in his hand?

I wanted to make a short film "cowboys"

Is there a tutorial?

thank you,

Micael.
07/01/2012 03:14:14

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
With the exception of being able to hold musical objects (guitars, microphones, drum sticks, etc.) Muvizu doesn't allow the characters to hold guns or other objects. Characters being able to hold other objects has been on our "wish list" for awhile now.
07/01/2012 21:25:47

budunha
budunha
mysto wrote:
With the exception of being able to hold musical objects (guitars, microphones, drum sticks, etc.) Muvizu doesn't allow the characters to hold guns or other objects. Characters being able to hold other objects has been on our "wish list" for awhile now.

Ok...
Thank u.

But before he had the futuristic weapons in muvizu.
07/01/2012 23:16:17

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
<cough>

http://www.muvizu.com/Video/16210/A-Fistful-Of-Coders
Says it all, really.
edited by pyrrho on 09/01/2012
07/01/2012 23:54:22

budunha
budunha
Very cool, the video Big Grin

But even the lack interactivity with weapons.
Let's see if soon, we can use the weapons in muvizu.
08/01/2012 04:31:22

dwino
dwino
Well, the reason Muvizu doesn't have props/weapons is because the real-life Muvizu employees aren't allowed to hold a mouse while programming. They aren't even allowed to hand off or plug USB drives into their computers and share information. I'm not even sure if they can pick up their coffee mugs anymore. All they have are post-it notes on a board that they can nudge around with their noses. In fact, the post it- marked "Prop Handling" is stuck to the bottom of one of the coffee mugs. This slows the whole development process down a tad. I'm not sure why, but that's the case.
08/01/2012 13:16:47

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
ziggy72 wrote:

i agree Toast
edited by pyrrho on 09/01/2012
08/01/2012 15:17:16

budunha
budunha
dwino wrote:
Well, the reason Muvizu doesn't have props/weapons is because the real-life Muvizu employees aren't allowed to hold a mouse while programming. They aren't even allowed to hand off or plug USB drives into their computers and share information. I'm not even sure if they can pick up their coffee mugs anymore. All they have are post-it notes on a board that they can nudge around with their noses. In fact, the post it- marked "Prop Handling" is stuck to the bottom of one of the coffee mugs. This slows the whole development process down a tad. I'm not sure why, but that's the case.

lol
I agree.

But programmers MUVIZU, could make a paid version at around 30 to 50 €, which was already semi-professional movements for arms, horses, ability to add characters from other 3D software and have the movements in MUVIZU automatically. Movements with cutlery, glasses, ... Just program to get the object added by hand. Maybe even earned some more money, it was good for them and for us.
09/01/2012 10:36:13

Luscan
Luscan

Tend to post this every time someone asks for guns in Muvizu.

budunha wrote:

But programmers MUVIZU, could make a paid version at around 30 to 50 €, which was already semi-professional movements for arms, horses, ability to add characters from other 3D software and have the movements in MUVIZU automatically. Movements with cutlery, glasses, ... Just program to get the object added by hand. Maybe even earned some more money, it was good for them and for us.

Muvizu is free to use and will be staying free to use.

I'm afraid that there's more to the issue of characters holding objects than just throwing programmers at the problem until it goes away. We have brilliant programmers here in Muvizu towers and we're always trying to push technology and make it do things that it finds a little difficult and holding objects is no different. I know it's annoying to hear but we really are working on it
edited by Luscan on 09/01/2012
09/01/2012 19:28:47

dwino
dwino
Honestly, guns are okay...but it's more important to have basic props. Like a pencil. One darned pencil would be nice. Maybe a genie lamp, but more so a pencil. I get that it's not necessarily straight forward, but we all know you can pick up and put down stuff in the Unreal Engine. There's plenty of games using Unreal that can do this.

And then the fact that you guys have had musical instruments for some odd months is a little off-putting and disheartening (despite the instruments being stuck-on).

Tell Vince to let real-life Muvizu employees start holding computer mice again! Not only that tell him to allow you all to pick up your coffee mugs and hopefully find the 'Prop Handling' post-it note! That will fix this "working on it" syndrome!
29/02/2012 01:23:09

DyllyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dylly
Got distracted by an idea. Very much a work in progress but I hope you can see where I'm going with this prop. It will just be a hand an arm holding a gun...however my keeping the basic geometry of the sketchup model I should be able to adapt it to hold just about anything for a scene...although very much like a Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds shot. Let me know what you think?

29/02/2012 06:35:01

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Dylly - This is a great idea. Just zoom into your character and stick the false arm holding the thing statically in front of them.

At present we all do this by putting objects in the air and positioning characters real arms, but if you turn their heads their body and arms will also move - leaving the object in mid air.

This will allow us to move characters around whilst appearing to hold things, as long as you keep the shots tight.

If we had the arm able to be imported into sketchup we could all stick our own objects together with the arm/hand as one model. This would allow the whole arm/object to be moved around as one in Muvizu.

Love it.
29/02/2012 09:42:35

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Fantastic idea - especially if we can include an arm which is texturable/colourable
29/02/2012 12:27:34

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
Being able to import an attachment object with the offset options avalible would be cool in future versions. The systems already there for guitar mic and drumsticks. Even better would be the option to attach to any bone on the character. We could make are own mask and hats as well as object to hold.
29/02/2012 19:46:38

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Dylly wrote:
Got distracted by an idea. Very much a work in progress but I hope you can see where I'm going with this prop. It will just be a hand an arm holding a gun...however my keeping the basic geometry of the sketchup model I should be able to adapt it to hold just about anything for a scene...although very much like a Gerry Anderson Thunderbirds shot. Let me know what you think?

(I didn't need to include this previous post, but I just like seeing this picture )

It's a brilliant idea, and at least gives us a workaround that will look better than any way we can do it now. And, like ukBerty said, as long as you can add the hand model and the object together as one in Sketchup, you can animate it in Muvizu. And phones...you don't need to see their elbows, just an arm and hand holding it to their ear. Dylly, could you do a phone version of the hand too? You've got me thinking now! Gun
29/02/2012 22:58:49

budunha
budunha
The problem is not to make the pistol and the hand in 3D, the problem is animating it and move on muvizu. If we could create points of bones to insert other objects is that it was good, but it seems to be a bit complicated.

Darth Lightsabers
15/03/2012 21:25:02

dwino
dwino
Great model and graphic Dylly! Thanks for sharing. Oh how I wish for prop handling in Muvizu.

Where are you at with this Muvizu? This is a sincere question. No jokes or youtube videos, please...just honesty back.

Thanks!
17/03/2012 21:00:12

wizplace
wizplace
(Account inactive)
Why can't we have a gun? What's so wrong with that?i agree
30/03/2012 02:33:26

dwino
dwino
Just following up with the Muvizu staff on this.

Where are you at with prop handling?
30/03/2012 10:45:29

Luscan
Luscan
Object interaction is a tough nut to crack. It's something that we're working hard on but it's not just as simple as having code like

10 PICK UP OBJECT
20 USE OBJECT

Because of the way that objects are built and how our characters are built we need to be able to tell a character where to hold an object and how to hold the object. We're trying to get it right so that characters hands hold objects in ways that seem realistic (so they'll hold a coffee mug differently from how they'll hold a broom) and we need to find a way to make holding things with two hands work differently from holding things with one hand (how can we get a character to walk around carrying a heavy box that needs both hands or a stack of pillows that needs both hands but is also really light).

The scale is an important factor to consider as well. If something's really huge then we don't want that object to go through the floor or through other objects or through the character. Animating the movement of arms is also another big hurdle for us because a character who's walking around with briefcase isn't going to walk with both arms swinging backwards and forwards without a care to the weight. Also when they animate with a movement that brings their hand up to their face what's going to stop the object from going through the characters face?

Basically what I'm trying to say is there's a bunch of things that make this a challenge but we're not holding out on you or something. When we have something we're happy with I'm sure more will be said on the subject.
pages: 1 2 3 | the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? Gun_in_Hand