Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Tech Help ? using a joystick

the topic is closed
16/07/2013 08:56:45

holmwoods
holmwoods
Hi all,

I really enjoy using this programs, the only 'strugle' I have is navigating through it. It goes quite slowly and not smoothly at all when I just use my mouse and keyboard. Has anyone experience using a joystick in Muvizu? Would it be possible?

Thnx,

Holmwood's
16/07/2013 09:21:28

Mike_Gatekeeper
Mike_Gatekeeper
You can always try 'unlit' mode by pressing F12 on your keyboard to turn off dynamic lighting. Then once you have your set and scene all ready to be turned into a video, just turn it back on, then render out your video.

Hope that helps!

-Mike.
16/07/2013 09:45:22

holmwoods
holmwoods
Thank you Mike, this is really handy, but in fact it doesn't solve my problem..

For me just the movements I have to do with my, or keyboard: go through everything, turn my view, view from different sides etc.

Anyone knows, if Muvizu will work with a joystick?

Thnx,
16/07/2013 11:08:30

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
The Unreal 3 Engine is compatible with the XBox 360 control pad, but as Muvizu uses custom controls it doesn't really work well. You can, however, give it a try by manually adding some entries to some .ini files, but I can't promise that it will give the desired effect.

I can't give any details at the moment as my notes from when I tried this have been deleted and my XBox controller is at home, but I will have a look at it soon and provide more information.
edited by glasgowjim on 16/07/2013
16/07/2013 19:33:34

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
I used to use a Saitek Cyborg Command Unit to navigate around Muvizu, and just a couple of days ago upgraded to the Logitech G13 (which is bleedin' awesome btw) and in both cases I'm using the joystick to move around - however, I can't use the stick in native joystick mode, but rather in WSAD mode to get it to work with Muvizu (actually W and S are replaced by Up and Down arrows to make it move properly). So, if you can assign keys to the axis of your joystick (and most modern sticks will let you do this) then the answer is yes, you can use a joystick. You just have to mess around with it a bit
16/07/2013 21:55:32

fman00
fman00
Never used a joystick with muvizu but I have been using a program called joytokey (freeware) to map keys to a gamepad for games on pc. Should work with muvizu ok I would have thought (can't test it as I'm in a tent in Devon at present).
Check www.gameusd.com/threads/JoytoKey-Dual-Action-WORKS.html for a quick run through on configuring it.
08/10/2013 15:34:56

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
Pssssst... If you have an Xbox 360 controller plugged into your PC, try it on the new v1.2 release of Muvizu.
08/10/2013 18:45:37

fman00
fman00
I recently got a doohickey to let me use a wireless 360 controller on PC so I couldn't resist having a quick check of this.
Works flawlessly on navigating a scene but doesnt work at all when directing camera movement which is a shame as realistically it's the only time I'd use the feature (I get very confused very quickly when I try to direct camera movement and always end up pressing the wrong keys- guessing it's my age).
Nice to see how the software's evolving though.
08/10/2013 19:10:25

MrDrWho13Muvizu mogulExperimental user
MrDrWho13
fman00 wrote:
I recently got a doohickey to let me use a wireless 360 controller on PC so I couldn't resist having a quick check of this.
Works flawlessly on navigating a scene but doesnt work at all when directing camera movement which is a shame as realistically it's the only time I'd use the feature (I get very confused very quickly when I try to direct camera movement and always end up pressing the wrong keys- guessing it's my age).
Nice to see how the software's evolving though.

I have to say, that camera rotation is so difficult!
11/10/2013 21:44:22

ReggieMetalFox
ReggieMetalFox
I agree, it will be great to control the camera rotations with my 360 controler, is it possible to do that with Muvizu 1.2 and how ?
11/10/2013 22:03:29

MrDrWho13
ReggieMetalFox wrote:
I agree, it will be great to control the camera rotations with my 360 controler, is it possible to do that with Muvizu 1.2 and how ?

It is possible, but you need to find a way to connect your remote to your PC. ( http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_0_21?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=xbox+360+controller+to+pc&sprefix=xbox+360+contro+to+pc%2Caps%2C166&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Axbox+360+controller+to+pc )

After that, it should just work without any further effort.
11/10/2013 23:05:15

ReggieMetalFox
ReggieMetalFox
My controller is not wireless so I just have to connect my pad with USB. It works with my Steam games for example, but not when I'm in Muvizu. Did I forgot something ?
12/10/2013 11:11:54

MrDrWho13
That's strange, perhaps try playing around with some settings.

Have you tried just moving around the set with the joysticks?

Apart from that, I have no further advice but waiting until the staff come back on Monday.
edited by MrDrWho13 on 12/10/2013
03/10/2014 21:18:28

Nicesar
Nicesar
I have plugged my 360 controler, but it doesn't work in muvizu. It's a wireless controller with a cable to plug in a usb port. How CAN I make it work?
the topic is closed

Home ? Tech Help ? using a joystick