Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How do I lip-sync to more than one audio file?

pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
15/08/2013 19:14:15

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
there is a way to do it but the method described has never worked for me the intended muvizu way is to lump all the dialogue into a single audio file and use shush and talk to that. There is a second method of using the other audio slots per character and fooling muvizu into recognizing that dialogue and just using the talk function but its fidly and doesn't work if you are not careful and for me it has never ever worked reliably.

however you can only use one audio fle per character no matter what method you use so you have to try to time your dialogue correctly which is probably something muvizu should consider changing in the future but for now you need to put all the dialogue into one file using something like audacity and set it up that way.
16/08/2013 05:49:11

bigwallyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
bigwally
urbanlamb wrote:
there is a way to do it but the method described has never worked for me the intended muvizu way is to lump all the dialogue into a single audio file and use shush and talk to that. There is a second method of using the other audio slots per character and fooling muvizu into recognizing that dialogue and just using the talk function but its fidly and doesn't work if you are not careful and for me it has never ever worked reliably.

The second method is what works for me. Using Audacity, I would take the dialog and split it into separate audio files containing just one character throughout the whole audio file (not fun). It takes a little bit of doing, but once it is done correctly, it's all smooth sailing from there (fun). I did this with all the Nick Danger episodes, considering the extensive use of dialogue with multiple characters in the recording.
15/05/2014 22:07:39

drmark
drmark
Is this still the case with the product? That means if you have a dialogue between two characters, the lip synch feature is useless because only one file will be saved for lip synching. while timing a characters dialogue in audacity is a workaround, it is not practical. I have a 5 minute video with questions and answers between characters, so lip synch is perhaps the most important feature I would need. I am hoping there is something I am not understanding. Thanks for any assistance.
15/05/2014 22:34:56

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
the lip synch system has remained unchanged so any info in tutorials etc is still accurate pretty much yup .
15/05/2014 22:46:27

drmark
drmark
Thanks for the reply! I was excited about the potential for this product, but sadly, need to move onto to another product solution because of this major limitation. I'm just stunned at the lack of design foresight for such an important function inherent to quality animation. Hopefully, this is improved in future versions. There are many nice features of this product. I'm sad to have to let it go. :-)
15/05/2014 23:21:21

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
lol seems i am talking to myself again my top post was not the original post
edited by urbanlamb on 15/05/2014
07/09/2014 12:47:55

WDjoe
WDjoe
drmark wrote:
Thanks for the reply! I was excited about the potential for this product, but sadly, need to move onto to another product solution because of this major limitation. I'm just stunned at the lack of design foresight for such an important function inherent to quality animation. Hopefully, this is improved in future versions. There are many nice features of this product. I'm sad to have to let it go. :-)

I agree, this seems like it could be a great product, but because of this limitation it sinks it. This alone is what is keeping me from buying the commercial license. I too will be looking around for another product that does not have this issue.
03/01/2015 00:16:59

schlattes
schlattes
Unfortunately I agree. I was very excited to make animation with this software, but this discovery has left me pretty depressed.
04/06/2015 00:34:04

Valero
Valero
After several years with Muvizu and waiting for this "multiple lip sync" issue to be resolved I too felt the need to move to other software that were more efficient on this matter. I have spent 1 year with CrazyTalk Animator and although its a 2d animation, its clean and easy interface its very promising, not to mention the support and updates.
04/06/2015 01:32:28

drmark
drmark
Thanks for the post Valero. Which version of Crazy Talk Animator are you using? Can you expand a little on how you use it?

I've also been using MovieStorm, which works well. It's easy to use and is fairly robust. My hunch though is that Crazy Talk Animator might be a better choice. I tried the iClone demo once, and the learning curve was way too steep to make it worthwhile.

I still really like Muvizu, and use it as one of my animation choices, but the multiple lip synch files continues to be a big issue.

Thanks for sharing.
04/06/2015 11:15:30

DanimalMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Danimal
urbanlamb wrote:
the intended muvizu way is to lump all the dialogue into a single audio file and use shush and talk to that

This is how I've always done it. It's quick and it's easy. In fact, this entire thread is somewhat baffling to me... dunno
04/06/2015 17:42:54

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Talk and shush vs separate audio tracks for each character...

Both are time consuming and done right should produce the same results

Different strokes for different folks.

D
04/06/2015 20:18:13

Danimal
Dreeko wrote:
Different strokes for different folks.

Now this makes sense. Where I'm confused is where there is any limitation or design flaw in the software that keeps getting discussed. It seems more like "different strokes means something's wrong with the brush."
04/06/2015 20:41:54

drmark
drmark
It's not that something is "wrong" with the software, but that the audio functionality could be more fluid. It does work as is, but the ability to lay down multiple tracks for the same character would make the software more efficient. Most competing products allow for multiple tracks. It's slows one down considerably having the work with one single, and often very long track for a single character. That's the jist of this thread.

Muvizu is still a standout product, and better audio controls are high on the list of user needs. I hope the leaders can offer this in a future release.
04/06/2015 23:01:44

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
Multiple tracks available for each character hmmn. Yeah that would be an asset.

They have included the ability to record directly into Muvizu so asking for trimming, splitting, and adding additional tracks for the same character at the very least should be expected as a feature request.

The fact that some users are walking away from Muvizu for this reason I'm sure will not escape their attention. However there are a lot of requests to get through and everyone has their own favourite must have feature
I can get round these audio problems in other ways. There are (in my opinion) greater things which Muvizu lacks that neither I or anyone else can achieve without a change to the software and it's these that I would like to see appear first.

Cheers
D
04/06/2015 23:26:53

Danimal
drmark wrote:
It's slows one down considerably having the work with one single, and often very long track for a single character.

I think it would be more fair to say it slows you down as I've suffered no ill effects from the current implementation and find it a wonderfully simple approach. Multiple tracks flying around? More stuff = more complicated.

Now this makes sense. It's a case of blaming the tool rather than the user. If that system is what would make it work better for you, then it would be great to implement it and then we could each use the system we prefer. That said...

dreeko wrote:
everyone has their own favourite must have feature... There are (in my opinion) greater things which Muvizu lacks that neither I or anyone else can achieve without a change to the software and it's these that I would like to see appear first.

What He Said
04/06/2015 23:58:49

Valero
Valero
In the last 14 years I have used/owned more than 18 animation software, of all of them, Crazy Talk animator, Muvizu and Iclone are my top 3, but of the 18 others, only Muvizu has the "one track Lip sync limitation", no other animation software has this deficiency, of course there are workarounds to this but, multiple track its inherent in any animation since the early days of the hand drawn cells.
Muvizu its trying to break in to the Steam market http://store.steampowered.com/genre/Free%20to%20Play/
in Steam there are very, very experienced gamer/animators which are supplied with a vast amount of of FREE animation software such as Source Filmmaker http://store.steampowered.com/app/1840 which by the way has the best "out of the package Lip Syncing" that there is without using Visime which its also included. SFM (Source Filmmaker) its a massive animation designer with High poly characters, a High learning curve and appealing to both newcomers as well as pros.
Muvizu should be loyal to its early commercial license buyers and try to fix the major glitches before venturing in new and more competitive markets.
edited by Valero on 05/06/2015
05/06/2015 00:21:33

Valero
Valero
drmark wrote:
Thanks for the post Valero. Which version of Crazy Talk Animator are you using? Can you expand a little on how you use it?

CrazyTalk Animator Version 2, is a 2D animation software that uses vector drawings so its has a very clean appearance. It uses animation tools such a timelines, manual animation tween as well as numerous ready made animations such a seat, stand, idle, etc,etc. and a plethora of commercial characters, items, scenes, etc,etc. You can design your own characters (not too easy to do) It has a Low learning curve and a price of around 170 US dollars. It has full lip sync and allows viseme. You can export in every possible format and one of its best quality is the "motion blending" which does away with the jump that can be seen when switching from one ready made motion to another. Basically CTA (CrazyTalk Animator) works similar to Muvizu except that their user interface its more "animation standard"
I've been producing animation for my church for the last 14 years and I have gone from the extra steep learning curve of the top of the line Maya to the simplistic, NO learning curve now defunct: Xtranormal. The demands from church and the need to have these animations done in hours instead of days took me to fast producing software such as Muvizu which in my rating scheme scores as EASY in the learning curve.
One last thing I've also used MovieStorm and the biggest drawback I found was the low poly characters and the "idle position" which makes all the characters move at the same time. MovieStorm its rated number 4 in my list and with a large users base, and low learning curve its a promising software.
edited by Valero on 05/06/2015
05/06/2015 13:47:10

Danimal
Valero wrote:
this deficiency

shake head
16/03/2016 04:41:25

harold66
harold66
Man I'm pretty bummed out over this issue, This software has everything my class would need to teach a beginning animations course but my student are young ages 9 to 12
It's just to hard to have them do the single audio file method.
I end up showing them a couple of project that I've done & having them do some simple one character exercises which the kids just love.
Unfortunately we can only go but for some long before we would like to introduce other characters for a more story telling experience.
This is a huge limitation.
I really think that if this was fixed this program would be so huge.
I would paid double the price if it was fixed.
pages: 1 2 | Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? How do I lip-sync to more than one audio file?