Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? I'm having a nightmare!

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
05/06/2014 00:37:00

LULU153
LULU153
I'm still working on my effing video and have a wide screen TV monitor on a wall. I cannot
get the thing to hang straight! Unfortunately it's on a wall with a brick like pattern so the lines make it look more crooked. I've tried rotating it but it won't straighten up. Please help before I go crazy!

I've got to finish this in 10 days for my university exhibition.... Aarrgghh!

Thanks awfully :-)
05/06/2014 01:21:34

urbanlamb
urbanlamb
(Account inactive)
do you have snap to grid turned on? errm i can't remember what menu that is in but turn it off and you should be able to adjust it easily enough.
05/06/2014 06:55:52

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
If you're using the standard Muvizu assets then I think there's a couple of possibles....

• Is the prop actually rectangular or is it off ?
  • More likely is good old collision. Turn off floats in the air and keep upright. Let it drop to the floor, this will get it level. Then make sure it's in line with the wall. Then turn floats in the air back on - but NOT keep upright. Raise the picture to where you want it and it won't wobble about because of the collision.

(Just a tip whilst on this subject - I no longer use a lot of backdrops as they have full collision. I have created a "wall" in sketchup (just a rectangle with a little depth) and a texture stretched across it. I then export using my ZiggyMesh exporter. When using this instead of backdrops you don't run into this tedious problem as the collision mesh is very small.)
06/06/2014 00:43:44

LULU153
LULU153
urbanlamb wrote:
do you have snap to grid turned on? errm i can't remember what menu that is in but turn it off and you should be able to adjust it easily enough.

thank you!
06/06/2014 00:45:53

LULU153
LULU153
ukBerty wrote:
If you're using the standard Muvizu assets then I think there's a couple of possibles....

• Is the prop actually rectangular or is it off ?
  • More likely is good old collision. Turn off floats in the air and keep upright. Let it drop to the floor, this will get it level. Then make sure it's in line with the wall. Then turn floats in the air back on - but NOT keep upright. Raise the picture to where you want it and it won't wobble about because of the collision.

(Just a tip whilst on this subject - I no longer use a lot of backdrops as they have full collision. I have created a "wall" in sketchup (just a rectangle with a little depth) and a texture stretched across it. I then export using my ZiggyMesh exporter. When using this instead of backdrops you don't run into this tedious problem as the collision mesh is very small.)

And thank you too. I will try all these options.

I'm having sooo many other problems with this video now but its too complicated to try and explain!

Duhh (cant even find the sobbing smiley!)
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? How Do I ...? ? I'm having a nightmare!