Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Jacob Patterboon

the topic is closed
04/09/2010 05:04:51

Than
Than
It's there, finally...

Remember it's just part one of many so prepare to be confused...

edited by Than on 9/10/2010
04/09/2010 16:06:07

Than
Than
Already had 3 comments that the voice audio quality could be better.

Perhaps the audio was worse as I had the tv on in the background and I have a noise reduction mic, will try in a silent room next time.
Or perhaps my voice and voice changing software does not go too perfectly together...
My Mic is a CS60-USB plantronics, its high quality noise reduction for voice recognition, but if there is something better for around 50 quid then please mention where to get it..

My question please to people is do you at least understand most of what the main character said, although I know some of it is a bit faint compared with the background audio. Interested as of course I know what is being said so harder for me to judge...

There is an issue with some of the deeper voices using the voice changing software and my voice, but at least the main character voice is better I think...
edited by Than on 9/4/2010
04/09/2010 16:28:01

Than
Than
I'll also try to pronouce my words better next time and perhaps a little louder at points, i'll at least try and we shall see.

p.s. part 2 will be even madder than part 1
edited by Than on 9/4/2010
04/09/2010 17:33:40

ghrenig
ghrenig
I use a Technics atr25 condensor mic on a mic stand. They are £45 at amazon. It is also an excellent mic for camcorders and generally voice recording. I use audacity to record my vocals first.
04/09/2010 19:01:31

Than
Than
Thanks, if I have no improvement with turning down background noise and repositioning my mic I may try getting one of those...
04/09/2010 19:07:14

Than
Than
Just looked on amazon at the

Audio Technica ATR6250 stereo microphone (was ATR25)

Does this plug into a standard PC Mic in?
04/09/2010 19:29:32

ghrenig
ghrenig
The 6250 is a replacement so I should think that is fine. It has a mini jack and a standrd jack adapter. So the mini jack plugs straight into my laptop mic input. It also comes with a short lead and a long lead I used it to record my video at www.youtube.co.uk/ghrenig with the mic on the camera and the camera on the oher side of the room. Is is a directional mic so that you can put it on a desk mike stand or standard mike stand and point it at where the voice over source is and record ok. Works for me.
04/09/2010 19:45:31

Than
Than
Thanks, i've ordered it, maybe part 2 will be better, maybe I redo part 1 audio one day...
04/09/2010 21:51:29

Robwelsh
Robwelsh
Well, I'm amazed! Very impressed with the moving story and cameras, titling and effects.... I don't have the technology or patience! Bring on the next...
As for sound- you might consider an external sound card and a matched pair of condenser mics. This will unfortunately set you back 150-200, but will resolve your sound probs. Cards (boxes more like) usually come with their own software (i have an edirol (roland) that comes with sonar) that in my experience has a cleaner sound than audacity. All my Rome stuff was done on that. External card takes the analogue/digital conversion load off your inboard processor. Software also has vast array audio effects and plug ins etc.
But then again, I should probably invest in video stuff- photoshop, after effects etc....!
Crack on....
Rob
04/09/2010 22:12:52

Than
Than
Glad you liked it thanks, and thanks for the advice

I'll try get the audio quality better next time and will render the next probably in 480 pixels wide to fill the you tube window, perhaps...

I want to do the next one quickly, however the next six weeks I have a massive amount of stuff to do and after that I should have much, much more free time, so part 2 should be with 10 weeks and other parts more frequent after that. I have the entire story planned an aim to have a feature length film i.e. 90 to 120 minutes, but it all depends on how it pans out in production to how long it will really be, but I should think definately more than an hour long in total.
06/09/2010 11:20:43

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Hi Than,

The audio wasn't terrible, but there are a few simple things that you could do to improve it, you don't need to spend lots of money. Turning off anything electrical that can will interference is a must. It's easy to forget to turn off your mobile, but the blips can ruin a good take.

Another simple, free and slightly odd tip to get good clean sound is to wrap a duvet around yourself as you are recording! It works really well to block out any background noise.

There are some more tips here:

http://www.articulate.com/rapid-elearning/4-simple-tips-for-recording-high-quality-audio/

Cheers,

Emily.
06/09/2010 12:24:12

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
@Than - great first clip! really enjoyed that & it was nice to see that alien corridor get used in a clip finally. the whole clip looked gorgeous & the storyline is intruiging. Can't wait to see what part 2 is like
06/09/2010 12:58:23

Than
Than
Thanks for the encouragement
06/09/2010 13:11:18

toonaramaMuvizu mogulExperimental user
toonarama
Than
Emily is right the issue of the audio has probably taken over the fact that it was a very impressive piece of animation with an interesting storyline, excellent sets and impressive editing.

It wasn't that the audio was that bad it was just a little hard to understand at times and therefore detracted from the overall excellence of the work.

Looking forward to more

all the best

Toonarama
06/09/2010 13:36:08

Than
Than
Thanks

I'm considering using a less eccentric voice for the main character (Jacob) for part 2 and see if that works better.

If that works then i'll redo the voice for part one for Jacob as well.

My strengths are art, story and tech, voice acting is probably my weak point.

When I get all parts done perhaps I can get some of the members here on board to re-do the voices in "real" voices. But to do that now would require just too much organisation.
edited by Than on 9/6/2010
edited by Than on 9/6/2010
the topic is closed

Home ? Your Videos ? Jacob Patterboon