Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Another first-timer - Music vid at "Sleazy's"

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
12/01/2017 18:40:40

PurpleDrazi
PurpleDrazi
This is being uploaded a little sooner than I wanted. Unfortunately file corruption meant I lost my Muvizu file before I had added the audience and tweaked some camera and lighting settings. I will save a number of versions in future!

To get a feel for the product I just took an old song of mine and created a simple gig video using the Sleazy's stage set.

As well as a first use of Muvizu, I also downloaded HitFilm 4 EXpress having seen it positively mentioned in a thread on this site, so it's a first use of that software too - used for the very basic beginning and end titles.

Next stop is something story based ...
12/01/2017 23:17:09

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
wow, good job, PurpleDrazi! You had to overcome a lot of obstacles to get that first video finished! Not to mention knowing how to use the DAW software for recording the song! You are well on your way to becoming a multi media guru!

FWIW, you sound an awful lot like a guy I know who posts original songs on the Band In A Box forum. Amazing similarity!
13/01/2017 17:05:26

PurpleDrazi
PurpleDrazi
Thanks for your comments Pat and for taking the time to give the video a watch. I got into music-making as a way to understand the process and deepen my understanding of an artform I love. As my tastes have moved more into the visual field I'm attempting to do the same here.

I'm hoping that Muvizu will let me learn a bit about framing and lighting at least - though I'm not sure how well my storytelling will go. And as for voice-acting, well that's going to be a real challenge!
edited by PurpleDrazi on 13/01/2017
13/01/2017 17:16:13

ritsmer
ritsmer
Well done!

There has been some negative talking about Muvizu's ability to make lip synchronization - here is a positive example of how well it can be done.
Just watch the "O" sound - incredible. Great.

Did you use the music that we hear for lip-sync - or do you have the voice tracks?
edited by ritsmer on 13/01/2017
13/01/2017 17:18:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
we've recently noticed that it seems to be the norm rather than the exception that people who are drawn to animation are also musicians (or at least artists in other media)

So, based on your self-description, I'd say you found a forum full of kindred spirits. We're like you, fascinated by possibilities, and excited about learning how to actualize our ideas with multiple tools and talents
13/01/2017 17:53:29

roroduck
roroduck
Great work! I like the musical animations and Muvizu lends itself well to such presentations
13/01/2017 20:37:53

PurpleDrazi
PurpleDrazi
@ritsmer The lip-sync isn't too bad; it surprised me how well it coped with my singing as I tend to run words into each other quite a lot. It works a lot better with pure speech and hopefully that will show in my next video. As the song is an original by me I have the multi-track recording to work with so I was able to load individual files into Muvizu for the lead and backing singer. If I didn't have that I think I'd probably be better off recording a vocal track for each character into Muvizu to help the lip-sync algorithm then replacing the audio in an editor.

@Pat I normally take part in two online songwriting events each year - FAWM (February Album Writing Month) and 50/90 (which runs through the summer) and I've found that people there also tend to be creative across multiple media (lyricists are often wannabe novelists; a lot of the musicians dabble in video) - it must be a trait of the amateur creative. This community is a little less active than the songwriting ones (probably due to the relative work involved in producing something finished), but it seems to have the same level of camaraderie. Looking forward to getting more involved.

@roroduck Thanks for taking a look at my video. It's always encouraging to know someone took the time to view.
edited by PurpleDrazi on 13/01/2017
14/01/2017 09:21:08

rollasoc
rollasoc
PurpleDrazi wrote:
recording a vocal track for each character into Muvizu to help the lip-sync algorithm then replacing the audio in an editor.

@Pat I normally take part in two online songwriting events each year - FAWM (February Album Writing Month)

I've done FAWM for the last three years. This year will be tricky, since I'm photographing a wedding, so the week or so afterwards will be editing and not much time for music. 50/90 seems too much work for me.
14/01/2017 12:36:46

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
@Pat I normally take part in two online songwriting events each year - FAWM (February Album Writing Month) and 50/90 (which runs through the summer)

I've been on music forums since the 90s but somehow I've resisted the urge to try FAWM or 50/90. But, there's still time...

and I've found that people there also tend to be creative across multiple media (lyricists are often wannabe novelists; a lot of the musicians dabble in video) - it must be a trait of the amateur creative.

I have observed the same thing in all of the creative forums I frequent

This community is a little less active than the songwriting ones (probably due to the relative work involved in producing something finished), but it seems to have the same level of camaraderie. Looking forward to getting more involved.

I attribute that to the fact that DAWS became widespread 20 years ago, but affordable animation software is a fairly recent development. Therefore the music groups have had more time to build a user base. Also, this forum represents users of ONE animation software package, whereas FAWM and 50/90 are populated by a cross section of all DAW software users.

and yeah, I encourage you to get involved in the Muvizu community. Fresh new ideas are good for everybody.
14/01/2017 12:39:07

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
rollasoc wrote:
I've done FAWM for the last three years. This year will be tricky, since I'm photographing a wedding, so the week or so afterwards will be editing and not much time for music. 50/90 seems too much work for me.

all right! Another creative kindred spirit! Welcome to the forum, and I look forward to seeing your work and interaction here!

When videos contain original music, it always ramps up my appreciation level considerably!
16/01/2017 16:57:48

DeannaC
DeannaC
PurpleDrazi wrote:

To get a feel for the product I just took an old song of mine and created a simple gig video using the Sleazy's stage set.

Next stop is something story based ...

Looking good! Keep 'em coming. How cool that you compose and sing songs too.
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Another first-timer - Music vid at "Sleazy's"