Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? Your Videos ? Video for a friend...

Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.
17/02/2017 00:52:08

Jammer
Jammer
My buddy is liking muvizu's animated video look. He asked me to do something with his bands song. So, I took PatMarrNC's skwerlefest set and put my friends band on that stage. I think the lipsyncing came out pretty good. Now, to ge the shadow thing down...So much to learn...
17/02/2017 19:54:18

Rocque
Rocque
I like the song! She has a great voice. If this was your first animation it is really good, too. The timing of everything seemed excellent.
How did your friend like it? The drummer looks like Phil Keaggy (google him) when he was younger, but he played guitar. It is funny how it reminded me of him though.

Keep animating.
18/02/2017 03:03:50

Jammer
Jammer
Thanks for the compliments Rocque. My friend liked it a lot. I wonder how Phil Keaggy would feel knowing I have his younger alter ego playing drums? This was my fourth video. I used a few of my unfinished (no vocals) songs for the first ones. This one had vocals, so I had to do lip syncing for the first time. I just got the key fame tool. So, there will be lot's of camera moving in the next.
18/02/2017 16:24:00

PatMarrNCMuvizu mogul
PatMarrNC
Nice job on the video, Jammer! Tell your friends I liked their song too... its a good recording, very clean and pro-sounding. The song has all the right elements.

You also put a lot of attention on details in an effort to synchronize the musicians with the beat. Nice job.

Since you seem to like music videos, I'll mention some of my opinions on the topic. (Opinions are what they are, so feel free to follow your own muse if mine doesn't resonate with yours)

1) music videos can get boring really quickly. Since video is a visual medium, it's your job to keep the eye candy rolling. Watching the song from one perspective may be what an actual person at a concert would get, but you have the opportunity to present the viewer with more. More camera angles. More effects. More fades. Views of the audience responding to the music. Closeups. Camera sweeps. Crazy impossible views, let your imagination fill in the blanks

2) once you come up with an engaging eye-candy presentation... never use it again. Make each music video unique.

3) Camera changes are like drum beats.. they happen at whatever frequency you decide. So if your scene changes don't line up with the drum beat, it's sort of like having two drummers in the band playing at different tempos.

4) watch other peoples' music videos. Make mental notes about why you want to click away from some of them, while others keep your attention

I think you are off to a great start with Muvizu! You've really hit the ground running, and you seem to be having fun! In the final analysis, having fun is the goal, so.. mission accomplished!
18/02/2017 21:11:59

Jammer
Jammer
Thanks for the time to say all of that Pat. The boys at 'The Tone Factory' here in Vegas, did a very good job on that mix and master job for sure. And I'm working on the 'wow' factors. For instance, I just got the key frame exp figured out. What a tool! It is going to be very easy to make the videos much more MTV'y for sure. All those things you mention are on my mind. It is just a matter of getting the right elements, tools, time and experience to implement them...yeah? I am gonna get it down though...I gotta say. It is realy fun playing "Mr Movie Director". I have a whole different view of what it must take to make a full length film of any magnitude. There is a lot to do!
Please log in or register, then complete your details to create a post.

Home ? Your Videos ? Video for a friend...