Messages in this topic - RSS

Home ? How Do I ...? ? latest version

pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed
10/11/2010 13:27:21

blowe56789
blowe56789
the download link for wuvizu is still pointing at the august update where is the latest version?
thanks barry
edited by blowe56789 on 11/10/2010
10/11/2010 13:34:04

Emily
Emily
(Account inactive)
Almost there!
Apologies for the delay.
In the meantime...the theme tune for today:

10/11/2010 16:04:59

KerryK
KerryK
(Account inactive)
hmmm i'd go with devo. are we not men? no! we're Muvizu!

edited by KerryK on 11/10/2010
10/11/2010 16:25:35

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I think I'll go with Status Quo on your demo. Those guys know how to rock!
10/11/2010 16:35:00

glasgowjim
glasgowjim

Vince has made an announcement about the newest version:

http://www.muvizu.com/News/82/Do-you-feel-lucky

ps. I am not comparing Vince to Professor Farnsworth, although they do share a love of Doomsday machines........
edited by glasgowjim on 11/10/2010
10/11/2010 18:30:53

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Well I've done it - I took the risk.

Apart from all the new wizzo features I see that the following have been fixed:-

YOU CAN NOW SAVE IMPORTED OBJECTS !!!!

This will save me hours and hours of work so many thanks.

I also see that character movement seems more responsive.

There's a lot packed into this new version. I'll have a go on a new scene tonight, but it's looking great.

Berty
10/11/2010 18:47:13

pyrrho
pyrrho
ukBerty wrote:
Well I've done it - I took the risk.

There's a lot packed into this new version. I'll have a go on a new scene tonight, but it's looking great.

Berty

Thank you, Berty. Your feedback over the next couple of weeks will be greatly appreciated as we try to file off the rough edges. That request for feedback also goes to other hard-core users - we couldn't do this sort of stuff without you. And, um, thinking about it, there wouldn't be much point, either ;-)
10/11/2010 18:57:19

mystoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
mysto
I haven't put all of the new features through their paces yet but I sure do like what I am seeing so far! As usual, great job Muvizu team!
edited by mysto on 11/10/2010
10/11/2010 19:16:39

jonbezMuvizu mogulExperimental user
jonbez
I Love that you released two versions. I'll take notes if I find some nuts Big Grin
edited by jonbez on 11/10/2010
10/11/2010 20:38:39

ukBertyMuvizu mogulExperimental user
ukBerty
Just found the head movement - Hoorah - no more lolling heads !

Berty
(Although I'm half way through animating zombies, so it's come in handy)
10/11/2010 21:01:12

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
Hang on...wait...

There, got it - just picking up my jaw.
From the f**cking floor - THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

Ahem, alright, to put it in a calmer, more constructive way ;
Lovin' the extra options on character attributes - being able to scale and move hair, hats and bits of face will lead to some truly hideous creations. Well, maybe not all hideous

Loooooooooooooooooooooock! Locking stuff down so it doesn't get moved by accident has been the biggest annoyance for me from day 1 with Muvizu, so thankyou thankyou thankyou.

Lovin' all the music stuff - so much more than I expected you'd do. Full band dynamics will be possible - oh dear oh dear...I can feel 10 million sad fan vids brewing even as I type

Splitting movement and action for characters is so much better, and not having the actions window up in movement mode makes it so much easier for moving them about.

Putting the tabs on windows is excellent - so much faster to get to stuff.

Lovin' the bigger head movement area - a simple solution to allow for more subtlety.

Flies!! I asked for flies as an effect, and lo and behold, flies! Now I'm happy

As for the effects in general - bleedin' excellent - the options you can change will allow for a lot of cool (and unexpected) looks. And thank God you added flames - I was wondering how I was going to manage my next project without them, and then...

In a word - Brilliant. That's all I really wanted to say.

Okay, there is one little thing I'd like to ask for - could you assign shortcut keys for the zoom buttons in the timeline, please? I use a Saitek programmable keypad thing to navigate and control Muvizu, and the only buttons I can't program are those two, and it bugs me. Thankyou.
10/11/2010 22:19:28

DreekoMuvizu mogulExperimental user
Dreeko
The ability to scale and move facial features around will pave the way for more original characters which is great!

I thought we had facial animation for a minute, when i discovered the abiliy to move eyebrows around but alas the animated object properties doesn't extend to the character properties yet, ho hum

The animations for all the musical content are brilliant! and will lead to some outstanding music vids I'm sure (staundoone the musical?...Nah!)

The new effects are great and the ability to change the textures for them is wonderful

On the timeline I tried to swap animation blocks (character guitar anims) around as I heard was possible but they just snapped back into their previous position (bug?)

Just tried to change the brightness of a spotlight but it was greyed out.Then I remembered that I had animated it at one point and realise now that once animated, properties must be change through the animated route!.(need to remember that one!)

All in all, it's a great update with some fantastic new content Some of the users here with will go on to create some real beauties I'm sure ( ukberty, jonbez, etc. ) with this new suped up sandbox

Isn't it amazing how if you mix high doses of long island ice teas, Haribo and long walks to Kilimanjaro, you somehow end up with a great animation product unlike any other!

mega thumbs up! Thumbs Up

Cheers

D
10/11/2010 22:36:14

ziggy72Muvizu mogulExperimental user
ziggy72
i agree

Also, just discovered that you can change the scale of things in all 3 directions - would have found it sooner, but I didn't realise the little lock icon next to the scale bar was actually changing when I clicked on it - you might want to make the button a bit bigger, guys, for us short sighted types Cool

Love being able to stretch the backdrops using it though, and I have to say the animated objects are kinda spooky when they fly about...

Anyway, going back in...
10/11/2010 23:20:00

artpenMuvizu mogulExperimental user
artpen
This version is absolutely fantastic, love everything about it, moving objects, moving lights, musical instruments, it's just amazing Toast
Team Muvizu , your software is now going to blow the socks of everybody else, i don't think you realise how good it is , and i can't believe it's just going to get better.

i've just had a little go, and i can't believe how easy it is to open a door, move a car, and well,,, play a musical instrument, the animations are top notch.

well, Vince and crew, you have the Holy grail, object interaction......Kneel!
11/11/2010 01:29:16

sirih
sirih
jonbez wrote:
I Love that you released two versions. I'll take notes if I find some nuts Big Grin

Just to clarify... The non-bleeding-edge version is just the current one, right? Not complaining, just want to know! Trying to figure out if, as a very new Muvizu user, I should stick with what I have, or brave the new one. I mean, maybe it'd be better to get conversant with the new version - bugs/anomalies notwithstanding - rather than learn the older one and then adapt to a newer one. I guess I'm the only one that can answer that question - but how about the question I started off this post with?

Cheers - and congratulations to all at Muvizu on your new baby!
11/11/2010 10:29:21

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
sirih wrote:
jonbez wrote:

Just to clarify... The non-bleeding-edge version is just the current one, right? Not complaining, just want to know! Trying to figure out if, as a very new Muvizu user, I should stick with what I have, or brave the new one. I mean, maybe it'd be better to get conversant with the new version - bugs/anomalies notwithstanding - rather than learn the older one and then adapt to a newer one. I guess I'm the only one that can answer that question - but how about the question I started off this post with?

Cheers - and congratulations to all at Muvizu on your new baby!

The non-bleeding edge version is the one that you guys have been using since August

All of the tutorials etc. are aimed at that version, but as some users have pointed out it's possible to install both versions at the same time, provided you use different directories.

http://www.muvizu.com/forum/topic703-multiple-versions-of-muvizu-on-computer.aspx
edited by glasgowjim on 11/11/2010
11/11/2010 12:30:25

StoneheadExperimental user
Stonehead
This new version is simply the dogs wotsits ....BUT......I have searched every where for this "Bleedin Edge" and I just cant naffin well find it!!!!!.........oh wait!...........yes I think......I.....see it..............

AHa!!!!!!!!!! I found it ......... just under the Bleedin Side lol hit

You guys rock big time ...THANKS
11/11/2010 12:40:56

glasgowjim
glasgowjim
I have just finished uploading the new version to Filefront, so if you have any trouble downloading from Muvizu.com just go to:

http://www.filefront.com/17502870/Muvizu.exe
12/11/2010 01:27:58

BinaryGenesis
BinaryGenesis
Yay! Buddies Cheers guys. The new version is really good. Can't figure out how to make objects move but I don't care. I can import models and the models and textures save for when I open my movies (or muvi's) again! This is good! REAL DAMN GOOD! wOOt!
15/11/2010 16:57:21

NeilExperimental userMuvizu staff
Neil
ziggy72 wrote:
Okay, there is one little thing I'd like to ask for - could you assign shortcut keys for the zoom buttons in the timeline, please? I use a Saitek programmable keypad thing to navigate and control Muvizu, and the only buttons I can't program are those two, and it bugs me. Thankyou.

Consider it done. It'll be in the next release, soonish.
pages: 1 2 | the topic is closed

Home ? How Do I ...? ? latest version